ADVERTISEMENT TEACHERS SERVICE COMMISSION TSC HOUSE,
KILIMANJARO RD, UPPERHILL,
RECRUITMENT OF 12,000 TEACHER INTERNS FOR PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOLS UNDER THE NATIONAL GOVERNMENT POST
COVID-19 ECONOMIC STIMULUS PROGRAM
Teachers Service Commission invites applications from qualified candidates to fill 12,000 teacher internship posts (4,000 posts and 8,000 posts for Primary Schools and Secondary Schools respectively).
This is part of the National Government post-COVID-19 Economic Stimulus Programme, announced vide the seventh Presidential Address on the coronavirus pandemic on 23 May 2020.
The TSC (Teacher) Internship programme is a short term programme lasting one (1) year that supports efforts by teacher training institutions to equip and sustain the competencies of persons entering teaching service.
The programme specifically, targets unemployed teachers who will be assigned to learning institutions where their teaching experience will be enhanced through exposure to direct practical work experience.
The applications are to be received not later than Monday, 2 November 2020. Please note that manual applications will not be considered.
ELIGIBILITY FOR INTERNSHIP
To quality, an applicant must at the time of application meet the following basic requirements:
- Be a Kenyan citizen; b)
- Must be a registered teacher with the Teachers Service Commission;
- Be a holder of a Pl Certificate for Primary Schools and a minimum of a Diploma in Education Certificate for Secondary Schools,
- Hold original academic and professional certificates
- Should not have been in previous employment with the Commission, as a teacher on permanent terms;
- Must not have served as teacher intern under TSC (teacher) Internship Programme;
- Be ready to be posted to any public educational institution in Kenya; h) Must have a Personal Accident Insurance to cover for personal risks during the internship period.
In addition to the above, successful applicants shall be required to produce;
- a) A copy of the National Identity Card (ID) or Passport Certificate;
- b) A copy of Teacher Registration Certificate/ print-out from TSC portal evidencing registration as a teacher;
- c) A copy of NCPWD card (where applicable); d) A valid Certificate of Good Conduct; e) Two (2) coloured passport size photographs, D) A copy of NHIF card; 8) A copy of KRA PIN.
DURATION OF INTERNSHIP
The Internship period will be for twelve (12) months without extension
This is not a remunerative engagement. However, interns attached to primary schools and secondary schools will be eligible for a monthly stipend of Kshs. 15,000/= and Kshs.20,000/= respectively. The stipend will be paid subject to statutory deductions, where applicable.
For detailed information on the application procedure and the available vacancies per County and institution, you are advised to visit the TSC Website: www.tsc.go.ke.
The Teachers Service Commission is an equal opportunity employer and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
The recruitment exercise is undertaken free of charge. The Teachers Service Commission forewarns applicants against fraudsters who might extort money from unsuspecting applicants or any persons purporting to assist in the recruitment
REPORTING OF FRAUD
Any fraudulent activity in this regard should be reported to the nearest TSC Office or TSC Has through the following telephone lines: Director Staffing (0202892193) and Deputy Director Staffing (0202892131) or write directly to the Commission through the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, any such fraudulent activity should be reported to the nearest Police Station
SECRETARY/CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER