Student Support Associate Job – Moringa School
Student psycho-social support and training
- Conduct check-in meetings with students to give and receive feedback on student progress and experience
- Coordinate monthly/quarterly community events to build a sense of belonging
- Hold office hours for students needing one-on-one guidance
- Collaborate with relevant internal teams to design and implement supplementary workshops/programs designed to improve Access students’ outcomes within the program and in the job market.
Student tracking and monitoring
- Track students’ academic progress and psycho-socio development throughout the program
- Provide a frontline support service, in identifying and resolving student issues, and where specialist service interventions have been identified to ensure that the necessary referrals are made efficiently and professionally to the Access Counselor.
- Create and implement an escalation protocol for red flags in students’ academic and psycho-social progress.
- Create and monitor support plans for struggling students.
- Manage student support budget
- Ensure students have the necessary resources to support academic and psychosocial success
Your key deliverable/KPI will be 80-85% retention of students from the start of the program to graduation.
- 3 years work experience with direct student support in a school setting. For instance Tutoring students
- 3 years experience of leading an extracurricular, educational or social activity/project/program with a group of young people
- Experience in working with low income populations
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to interact with a range of people, particularly young people
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Strong project management and problem solving skills
- Intermediate data analysis skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to liaise with others, attend meetings and report on student progress
- Good organizational and time management skills
- To be prepared to undertake training requirements of the position (when need arises).
- Project management
- Problem solving
- Program/Process design (with an emphasis on UX/UI)
- Student/Youth Support
- Data Analysis
- Analytical Skills
- Team Spirit
- Risk Assessment