Primary Teacher Jobs, 2022 – Nova Pioneer
1. Primary Teacher (3 months Maternity Cover)
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable.
- Plan activities that meet the social, physical and emotional needs of the children.
- Develop schemes of work and lesson plans in line with the school curriculum.
- Schedule stimulating and learning activities for the children.
- Prepare teaching aids to facilitate children learning.
- Devise games and activities, and also provides playing equipment, and ensure the playing facilities and equipment are clean and safe.
- Supervise the children as they learn and play.
- Observe and evaluate each child’s progress and provide a written report to the Principal, other school leaders and parents.
- Monitor and keep records/ reports of the children’s progress and development.
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities of interest to them.
- Establish and enforce rules for behaviour, and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Assist in bus loading and unloading.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- TSC certification and Degree in Education/ Diploma in ECDE.
- A minimum of 3 years of teaching experience
- Great communicator. You are able to provide clear and effective written and verbal communication.
- Willing to work for the period of the 3 months as a maternity cover
- You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity well.
- Problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making an effort to find appropriate solutions.
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
Please keep in mind that if a copy of your resume is required, you should attach it in PDF format to protect the formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on a regular basis until the appropriate candidate is found. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not heard from us within 8 weeks of submitting it.
There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage. The process is as follows:
- Phone interview: A short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
- Practical demonstration of what you can do: You will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for. Teachers participate in a half-day selection day at one of our campuses as well as deliver a lesson to a class.
- In-person interviews: At this point, you will visit one of our schools to meet the team and participate in a series of in-person interviews.
- Final interview: You’ll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made.
2. Dean of Students- Tatu Primary (Nova Pioneer)
Nova Pioneer is seeking an exceptional Dean of Students for Tatu Primary Campus.
Along with the Principal and our teaching teams, you will be in charge of developing and leading our parent and student engagement initiatives.
Furthermore, you will cultivate relationships with teachers and parents in order to facilitate academic and character development, as well as behavior management strategies in the schools.
You will also work closely with data systems, develop pastoral excellence, and manage the student affairs team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Be a culture champion for our Primary School by spearheading school culture events within the school’s vision and annual theme
- Engage with the many stakeholders who make up Nova Pioneer community- parents, students and teachers by:
- Coordinating and planning parent events, fora, seminars, orientations and open days
- Writing parent communication and serving as first point of contact on parent queries and concerns
- Coordinating 1:1 and group parent meetings
- Managing student behaviour by maintaining a school behaviour tracker, documenting incidents, following the school’s code of conduct while working with parents and teachers
- Coach teachers on managing student behaviour
- Serve as point person for transport, Ops and other support teams on campus
- Manage school events such as Sports Day, Baraza Council, Graduation, Swimming galas, Soccer tournaments and other school events.
- Manage clubs and field trips, primary owner of implementation of all extramural activities.
- Coach and manage the Student Affairs team that comprise the School Nurse, School Counselor and Associate Dean of Students
- Supporting PFS and Finance in physically gating students from class until they have cleared their balances or completed a payment plan. Coordinate with DDL, PFS, and school-based team to create a plan for gating students from both transportation and classes.
- Work with the Transportation Manager to tailor and support all aspects of the school’s transportation plans and system, including scheduling, routing, and behavioural expectations and systems for busses.
- Primary owner of Student Leadership Development: Create plans and systems for teaching student leadership development to Novaneers, including supporting rollout with teachers, training and development for teachers, and observation and feedback on implementation.
- Work with the School Counselor and teachers to create individual student behaviour plans and student support plans
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Education and you are TSC certified
- A Masters degree in education/ social sciences is not compulsory, but it would be an added advantage.
- Have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills that encompass trust and respect
- You have excellent people management skills that inspire as well as hold people to high standards of excellence and accountability
- Have high levels of grit and resilience and can navigate nuances and some levels of ambiguity
- You have excellent communication skills and offer direction and clarity in otherwise sticky and sensitive situations
- Have an ability to be flexible, adaptable, innovative and creative
- You understand the complexities of working in a multi-faceted organization
- Have a passion for students and parent engagement
- You have high energy levels and can work in a highly confidential setting
- Excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge
- Ministry’s Official Circular On Approved Set Books
- Sossion Reveals How Uhuru Forced His Resignation, Not Raila
- Private Schools Request Financial Support To Meet CBC Requirements For Establishing JSS.
- Academic Gains In Private Schools Exaggerated – Report
- LGBT Protest Against Magoha’s Proposal Of Banning Them From Boarding Schools
- yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback
- You have a desire to further develop your learning design skills and apply them to transform the lives of African youth