PE Teacher Job
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar PE Teacher to teach at our Tatu City Primary Campus to start with us on an immediate basis.
You will be responsible for delivering an exceptional 21st Century physical education experience for our students and coaching them to succeed in various sports.
You oversee the sports program and as such would be leading the vision for the sports program for the school.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
Disclaimer: Nova Pioneer does not charge any fee to process your application.
About The Role
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Work with the Deputy Principal to create a vision for the sports program and invest stakeholders in the vision.
- Execute appropriate activities for the children in every session according to the curriculum, schemes of work and lesson plans.
- Deliver activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development such as games.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, while applying the appropriate teaching method suited for a given group or individual.
- Assimilate student culture activities and support children and teachers strengthen areas assigned e.g. transition, arrival, dismissal, playtime, serving lunch etc.
- Calendar fixtures and sports training programmes for students and accompany teams as a chaperone or coach on sports-related trips and competitions.
- Scout for opportunities for students to participate and compete in various sporting activities and friendlies by creating new and supporting existing partnerships with schools.
- Plan and execute inter-house/class competitions for sports every term and the annual Sports Day.
- Conduct PD and briefing for teammates for sports-related activities e.g. events or initiatives
- Ensure appropriate preparation and management of all competitions and matches.
- Develop strong school teams to represent the school in competitions.
- Develop training programs for all the training sessions in accordance with the school guidelines.
- Coach and instruct players individually or as a group regarding the rules , regulations, equipment and the techniques of the sport.
- Ensure attendance is taken at the beginning and the end of the training sessions.
- Maintain an inventory of sports equipment and work with the Deputy Principal to procure all needed sports equipment.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of sports equipment and facilities in order to prevent injuries and damage.
- Observe, assess and file records/reports in hard and soft copy of the children’s progress and development for the Principal, other school leaders and parents.
- Monitor the academic performance of the players and always ensure high standards are met.
- Providing care and support to students, providing them with a secure environment to learn.
- Ensure simple first aid procedures are done to injured students during sporting activities.
- Affirm positive behaviour and flag negative behaviour to maintain order by documenting concerns and incidences, and ensure follow up is made with support from the line manager.
- Attend meetings and teacher training workshops in order to learn NP model and culture.
- Practise and model NP culture to stakeholders in the school community.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- TSC certification and a relevant degree in Physical Education/ Recreational Science
- 1-3 years experience in a similar position working with young children/ teenagers
- Trained and certified in basic first aid
- You have good working skills with technology such as Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- You are able to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond effectively to questions in one-on-one, small group situations to students and other school staff. Ability to verbally respond to common inquiries from students.
- Must be knowledgeable in a variety of sports and athletic programs
- Preferred- A proven track record of implementing successful sports programs
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills. Must possess adequate knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making an effort to find appropriate solutions.
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
- You have a desire to further develop your leadership skills and apply them to transform the lives of African youth
How To Apply
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply here Now!
To apply, please complete the form on the right-hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage. The process is as follows:
- Phone interview: a short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
- Practical demonstration of what you can do: you will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for. Teachers participate in a half-day selection day at one of our campuses as well as deliver a lesson to a class.
- In-person interviews: at this point, you will visit one of our schools to meet the team and participate in a series of in-person interviews.
- Final interview: you’ll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made.