Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Music Teacher for our Athi River Campus. The teacher will play a critical role in delivering an exceptional 21st Century learning experience for our students. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that are developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable.
- Plan and execute appropriate activities for the children each day according to the curriculum, schemes of work and lesson plans.
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, to prevent injuries and damage.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development such as games.
- Prepare materials, classrooms, and other indoor and outdoor spaces to facilitate creative play, learning and motor-skill activities, and safety.
- Observe and evaluate each child’s progress and provide a written report to the Principal, other school leaders and parents.
- Monitor and keep records/ reports of the children’s progress and development.
- Teaching Jobs, February 2021
- Teaching Jobs, February 2021
- Updated Schemes of Work. DOWNLOAD (pdf) All Subjects.
- DOWNLOAD UPDATED LESSON PLANS
- DOWNLOAD NOTES FOR ALL CLASSES
- DOWNLOAD PAST PAPERS
- DOWNLOAD SYLLABUS (ALL CLASSES)
- Instruct students individually and in groups, adapting teaching methods to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities of interest to them.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Assist in bus loading and unloading.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- TSC certification and relevant Degree in Education/ P1 Diploma/ P1 Certificate
- 3+ years of teaching experience in music.
- You are a great communicator. You can provide clear and effective written and verbal communication.
- You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making an effort to find appropriate solutions.
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
How to Apply
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.