Mathematics Teacher Jobs, 2022 – Nova Pioneer
High School Mathematics Teacher (3 Months Maternity Cover)
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar High School Mathematics Teacher to serve as a 3 months maternity cover for our Tatu City Boys Campus.
Please note this applies to teachers who have 3+ years of teaching experience. You will play a critical role in delivering an exceptional 21st Century learning experience for our students
ABOUT THE ROLE
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Teach and deliver exceptional, real world, enquiry-based Mathematics lessons that align with the Kenya curriculum requirements.
- Maintain positive, constructive and professional relationships with students, their families and colleagues.
- Develop lessons plans and partner with the Learning Design Team in reviewing and updating lessons when required/ desired.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning, is developmentally appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students and maintain an organized and focused learning environment.
- Infuse joy and passion for learning in lessons so that students are excited and interested in their academic excellence.
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for the growth and success of all students both in academic and culture exectations.
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of content and academic standards.
- Integrate interactive technology into lessons to enhance instructional delivery.
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide effective student feedback so they internalize them.
- Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behavior and model expected behaviour at all times for students to emulate
- Consistently meet the ambitious goals of a rapidly-growing organization
- Serve as teacher on duty and/or boarding teacher on duty and support school wide programs aimed at behavior interventions.
- Timely capture of students data on academic outcomes and articulation of students progress to NP families and other stakeholders when called upon to do so.
- Serve as a home room teachers when called upon to do so.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- TSC certification and a relevant Degree in Education.
- Strictly 3+years teaching experience in the subject of Mathematics.
- You are a great communicator. You are able to provide clear and effective written and verbal communication.
- You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making an effort to find appropriate solutions.
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
Please keep in mind that if a copy of your resume is required, you should attach it in PDF format to protect the formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on a regular basis until the appropriate candidate is found. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not heard from us within 8 weeks of submitting it.
There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage. The process is as follows:
- Phone interview: A short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
- Practical demonstration of what you can do: You will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for. Teachers participate in a half-day selection day at one of our campuses as well as deliver a lesson to a class.
- Ministry’s Official Circular On Approved Set Books
- Sossion Reveals How Uhuru Forced His Resignation, Not Raila
- Private Schools Request Financial Support To Meet CBC Requirements For Establishing JSS.
- Academic Gains In Private Schools Exaggerated – Report
- LGBT Protest Against Magoha’s Proposal Of Banning Them From Boarding Schools
- In-person interviews: At this point, you will visit one of our schools to meet the team and participate in a series of in-person interviews.
- Final interview: You’ll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made.