FAIRMONTS INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL (FIS) CAREER OPPORTUNITY
JOB TITLE: CLASS TEACHER – PP 1
JOB LOCATION: KISII
POSITION TYPE: FULL-TIME
Fairmonts International School (FIS) is a private co-educational international school that offers both the Kenyan National Curriculum and the National Curriculum of England and Wales.
FIS was birthed purely out of service need, with the main objective of changing the narrative of education in its locality by providing outstanding, holistic education, ultimately bringing up morally upright, globally-minded, 21st century equipped, all-rounded innovators and leaders.
FIS delivers high-quality education through a personalized approach, enhanced with unique global opportunities to enable every student to succeed. The School’s outstanding and committed teachers nurture these essential skills through personalized learning, molded specifically for each child, building on the student’s individual strengths and passions.
The anchor teacher (Class teacher) is responsible for overseeing all the teaching activities in their respective classes. They are supposed to work hand in hand with the apprentice teachers and the unit directors to ensure the curriculum is covered and that the student performance is maintained at the highest level.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serving as the lead class teacher for the class;
• Preparation of professional records including schemes of work, lesson plans among others
• Plan and execute appropriate activities for the learners each day as per the curriculum;
• Plan, execute and evaluate lessons;
• To ensure there are relevant teaching aids in the classroom;
• Assess learners’ performance and progress to ensure they are mastering relevant skills;
• Ensure coverage of classes and the effective implementation of the curriculum daily;
• Safeguarding the safety of the children at all times;
• Any other relevant duty as assigned by the supervisor.Page 2 of 2
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Interested applicant should meet the following minimum requirements:
• Registration with TSC is a MUST;
• Certificate in CBC is a MUST;
• Excellent knowledge on child development;
• 3 years teaching experience as a kindergarten teacher (CBC);
• A Diploma/Degree in ECDE;
• Attention to details;
• Must enjoy working with children;
• Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse staff;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Excellent oral and written communication;
• Ability to perform and multi-task in a highly energized work environment;
• Proficiency in IT;
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position against the listed qualifications, competencies, skills, TSC number together with a detailed curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of three referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Applicants should also include their expected salary.
Send the full application to: email@example.com. Applications should be received by 25th June 2021. The subject line of your application should be marked “Application for the role of PP 1 Class Teacher”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
FIS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or gender. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- DOWNLOAD FREE Schemes of Work.
- FREE PAST PAPERS
- DOWNLOAD FREE SYLLABUS
- FREE LESSON PLANS
- DOWNLOAD FREE NOTES
- FREE UNIVERSITY NOTES