• Leading Teaching and Learning in the subject.
• To lead staff in integrating ICT into teaching and learning to achieve high-quality learner-centered learning
• To liaise effectively with Head of Sciences to ensure achievement of the set target in subject
• To promote the vision, culture, values, and ethos of the Academy within-subject
•Keep abreast of IB curriculum developments and ensure dissemination, support, and monitor best practices across the teaching of the subject.
• Monitor and evaluate the quality of teaching and learning in Biology across the Academy, using a variety of
methods including tracking, target setting, data analysis, curriculum design, observing lessons, monitoring lesson and unit plans, learners exercise books, learning walks, and speaking to children about their learning
• Establish staff and resource needs and make appropriate recommendations to the Head of the Science Department.
• Maintain existing resources, ensuring all staff are familiar with these and explore opportunities to develop or incorporate new resources from a wide range of sources inside and outside the Academy.
• Ensure relevant stakeholders are well informed about subject policies, plans, and priorities, the success in meeting objectives and targets, and the progress against action plans.
•Lead and collaborate with staff in the preparation of professional documents and Monitor their use.
• Lead, collaborate, and monitor the setting of Assessments to ensure that the Assessments meet the Academy and IB standards.
• Ability to use multiple strategies that cater to differentiated learning approaches.
• Mark Assessments and provided immediate and effective feedback that caters to learners’ needs.
• Plan team-building activities that promote teamwork and a cohesive team.
• Plan for meetings to address the departmental objectives.
Skills and Competencies
• Supervisory skills and management ability;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
•Has a good knowledge of the use of computers? Is familiar and knows how to use database, Microsoft- Office, internet and is willing to learn other applications relevant to the posting
• Demonstrated planning and organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines;
Academic Qualification and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education or equivalent.
• MUST be registered or eligible for registration with the Teachers Service Commission
• At least 5 years in a similar role in an IB World School as head of the department
• Must have a proven track record of academic excellence as a head of the department
• Must have at least CAT 2 IB professional Development workshop certification in a similar role. Trained IB examiner will be added advantage.
Please send your applications to email@example.com not later than Friday 30th April 2021 stating clearly on the email subject line and on your application letter reference line, which role you are applying for. Please note, only soft copy/ email applications to the address provided will be accepted. No hard copy applications will be accepted or received. Kindly include in your application copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials, certificate of good conduct, and detailed CV, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) professional referees.
- DOWNLOAD FREE Schemes of Work.
- DOWNLOAD FREE PAST PAPERS
- DOWNLOAD FREE SYLLABUS
- DOWNLOAD FREE LESSON PLANS
- DOWNLOAD FREE NOTES
- DOWNLOAD FREE UNIVERSITY NOTES