RECRUITMENT OF TEACHER INTERNS FOR PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOLS UNDER THE NATIONAL GOVERNMENT POST COVID-19 ECONOMIC STIMULUS.
In support of the Government's Initiative to develop a pool of young talents for the Kenyan Labour Market. Teachers Service Commission Invites applications from qualified candidates to fill 6,674 teacher Internship posts.
The posts include 1.998 for primary schools and 4,676 for secondary schools. This is part of the National Government post-COVIO-19 Economic Stimulus Programme, announced vide the seventh Presidential Address on the coronavirus pandemic on 23 May 2020.
- Updated Schemes Of Work: Pre-Primary, Primary and Secondary.
- 2020 Teachers Swaps
- TSC Hardship Areas – Latest Review
- CBC Training Dates for Teachers, Venues and Payment Rates For Training. December 2020
The Teacher Internship Programme is a one year programme meant to equip and sustain competencies of persons entering teaching service. The programme targets unemployed registered teachers to be assigned to learning Institutions where their teaching experience will be enhanced through mentorship, coaching and exposure to practical teaching experience.
To quality, an applicant must at the time of application meet the following basic requirements:
- a) Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Must be a registered teacher with the Teachers Service Commission;
- Be a holder of a Pl Certificate for Primary school teachers and a minimum of a Diploma in Education Certificate for Secondary school teachers:
- Have original academic and professional certificates: Should not have been in previous employment with the Teachers Service Commission as a teacher on permanent terms:
- Be ready to be posted to any public educational institution in Kenya;
- Must have a Personal Accident Insurance to cover for personal risks during the Internship period.
Besides, successful applicants shall be required to produce; .)
- A copy of the National Identity Card (10) or Passport:
- A copy of Teacher Registration Certificate/print-out from Teachers Service Commission online portal evidencing registration as a teacher,
- A copy of National Council for Persons with Disability (NCPWD) card (where applicable):
- A valid certificate of good conduct; .)
- Two (2) coloured passport size photographs;
- A copy of the National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) card;
- A copy of Kenya Revenue Authority Personal identification Personal Number (KRA PIN). DURATION The Internship period will be for twelve (2) months.
This is not a remunerative engagement. However, teacher Interns attached to Primary schools will be eligible for a monthly stipend of KShs. 15,000/=, while those attached to Secondary schools will be eligible for a monthly stipend of Kshs.20,000/=
The stipend will be paid subject to statutory deductions, where applicable. INTERNSHIP CERTIFICATE On successful completion of the Internship Programme, teacher intern will be awarded a certificate.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Teachers Service Commission Website www.tsc.go.ke under Careers" ar www.teachersonline.go.ke by Monday, 14 December 2020.
Serving teacher interns or not eligible to apply. For detailed information on the application procedure and the available vacancies per County and institution, you are advised to visit the TSC Website: www.tsc.go.ke.
Manual applications will not be considered. The Teachers Service Commission is an equal opportunity employer and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
CAUTION The recruitment exercise is undertaken free of charge.
The Teachers Service Commission forewarns applicants against fraudsters will extort money from unsuspecting applicants or any person purporting to assist in the recruitment.
REPORTING OF FRAUD Any fraudulent activity in regard to this advert should be reported directly to the nearest Teachers Service Commission Otice or to Teachers Service Commission Headquarters through the following telephone lines:
Director Staffing (0202892193);
Deputy Dir Suning (O2U2892131):
or write directly to the Teachers Service Commission through e-mail address: email@example.com
In addition, any fraudulent activity should be reported to the newest Police Station
COMMISSION SECRETARY/CHIEF EXECUTIVE