History & Geography Teacher Job at Oxbridge International School
Location: Remote, Kenya
Salary: Very competitive
Job Type: Contract
An exciting opportunity to work within a vibrant and dynamic International School in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, which boasts both the International Baccalaureate and local educational systems.
We are an IB World School. We have 200+ employees so far working with us and 30+ of them are expats. There is a strong commitment to the ongoing professional training of all staff and for providing leadership development at all levels.
You can find videos of the school on Youtube and get an idea of the school, facilities and the team. Brilliant opportunity to save money, as the cost of living in Tashkent is very cheap.
- How 22-Year-Old Student Founded Zetech University While at UoN Hostel
- Parents Cannot Sue Teachers, Schools For Punishing Indiscipline Students – CJ Koome
- TSC Exposed For Overpaying Some Staff Amid Teachers’ Shortage
- Students Urged To Pursue Local And International Scholarships
- Auditor Questions TSC Failure To Deduct And Remit Sh2.2bn Taxes
Main duties and responsibilities of the job:
- Delivering engaging History lessons on different time periods, movements, and other historical events and figures.
- Collaboratively planning, preparing and delivering differentiated lessons
- Assessing and reporting student progress
- Grading exams, tests, quizzes, assignments, and presentations, and cont
- Responsible for student welfare and pastoral development of the class group
Maintaining the learning environment of the classroom and managing resources
- Being able to teach the subject for the middle and high school students
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience
- A passion for history and the ability to inspire students
- The ability to differentiate and deliver conceptual, engaging and inquiry-based lessons
- Familiarity and experience with collaborative planning and a team-teaching approach
- Experience in Cambridge, American or International Baccalaureate curriculum is preferred