Lutheran World Federation/World Service Kenya/Djibouti Program is seeking to recruit Kenyan National for the position of Education Officer- Curriculum Implementation and Quality Assurance, to be based Refugee Camp.
The Education Officer – Curriculum Implementation and Quality Assurance will assist and support the Quality Services Manager in the management of the Quality Service programmatic area by among other duties establishing minimum education standards in the schools in the refugee camps in line with Ministry of education, UNICEF quality standards and EiE standards. Specifically, the position holder will work with the Monitoring Evaluations, Accountability and Communications officer, Primary Education Officer, Inclusive Education Officer, Early Years Education Officer and Teacher tutors/Coaches and the EARC team in developing inclusive education indicator tracking tools, conducting regular school visits to assess progress on education indicators schools. The incumbent will work closely with the Sub-County Education office in Quality Assurance and Standards to ensure regular standard school assessment and regular monitoring visits, preparation, registration and presentation of learners for national assessment. The officer will also work with teachers and Youth Protection and Development department to promote and enhance learners’ participation in co-curriculum activities as per the Ministry of Education calendar. The officers will lead identification of teacher training needs, develop training schedules and led teacher training and post teacher training development programs. The officer will also work in close collaboration with the Education Officer – Administration and Policy to adequate and timely school supplies to facilitate smooth implementation of the curriculum
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to: –
Provide technical leadership in the curriculum implementation, monitoring and tracking of learning outcomes for Inclusive Education Officer, Primary Education Officer and Early Years Education Officer.
- Responsible for; establishing, maintaining and improving curriculum implementation standards and quality in all schools.
- Responsible for interpretation and implementation of MoE policies in schools
- Provide technical support to all teacher in the development and implementation of Competency-Based Curriculum (CBC) and support Headteachers in development of curriculum-based establishment.
- Extend technical support to all teachers – Kenyans and refugee teachers – a guide on instructional materials, methodologies and evaluation of instruction.
- Ensure both supervisor and supervisee provide the learning centres with information, evaluation about schools, teachers, providing advice, assistance and feedback.
- Coordinate and facilitate the organization and implementation of co-curriculum activities in the schools in line with MoE co-curriculum activities calendar
- Vetting of all teachers and other education staff to ensure they comply with national curriculum standards
- In Liaison with KNEC and other examination, bodies ensure KCPE, ECDE and diploma teacher education examination teaching practice or conducted smoothly.
- Coordination internal school assessment to measure learners’ progressive achievement towards achieving quality learning outcomes
- Be the custodian of policy formulation and implementation on matters related to Curriculum Quality
- Working with the teacher tutors develop tools for teacher performance appraisal in line with TSC Teacher Professional Development model
- To organize for both short term (pedagogical skills development) and long term (professional certified) training programs for teachers
- In charge of equitable deployment of teachers in schools along with the parameters of gender, training and nationality
- With the support of teacher tutors, support teachers in developing and embracing learner-centred teaching approaches and strategies
- Advising the QS manager on all matters quality of education and leadership in ensuring LWF education interventions are informed and align to MoE policy direction.
- In charge of assessing child safeguarding measures and ensuring schools are safe learning spaces for all children irrespective of their ability and/or lack of it.
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree in education, plus a minimum of 3 years’ experience in humanitarian education programming including 2 years in the refugee context
- Technical expertise in curriculum implementation
- Proven academic or working experience in education tests and measures
- Technical expertise in education in emergencies (EiE)
- Proven academic or on-job training and understanding of the Project Cycle model in managing humanitarian assistance
- A very good understanding of Comprehensive School Safety or Disaster Management
- 3 years of progressive experience in the development of instructional materials
- Experience in coordination of teacher training programs
- Experience in supporting Needs assessment, identifying priorities and designing interventions
- Experience gained within an international humanitarian NGO will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical, administration and documentation skills in the management of educational institutions or programs consisting of primary education.
- Experience in proposal and report writing and excellent computer skills.
- Experience in Training of Trainers/Facilitators skills (TOT & TOF) an advantage.
- Sound understanding of CBC is key to the position
- High level of motivation, integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
- Ability to tolerate cultural, educational and religious diversity in the workplace.
- Excellent communication, time management, organization and presentation skills.
- A good team player with a high degree of initiative, flexibility and tolerance
Female candidates and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
Applications must have 3 referees who are work-related.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Closing date is 18th Jan 2021
- ðŸ‘¨ðŸ¼ðŸ« BOM And Private School Teaching Vacancies. January 2021.
- ðŸ‘©ðŸ½ðŸ« UPDATED LIST OF VACANCIES JANUARY
- ðŸ“‘ Updated Schemes of Work. DOWNLOAD (pdf) All Subjects.
- ðŸ“ƒ DOWNLOAD LESSON PLANS
- ðŸ“š DOWNLOAD NOTES
- ðŸ“‘ DOWNLOAD PAST PAPERS
- ðŸ“– DOWNLOAD SYLLABUS