Urban Primary School Head Teacher Under Investigations For Charging Illegal Fees As Bandits Torch Another School In Laikipia
The headteacher and Board of Management chairman of Urban Primary Schools in Embu County have sparked a row with parents of the school for allegedly imposing illegal tuition levies.
Parents protested the move and urged the county government to intervene. The parents have also accused the institution head of contravening the ministry of health corporate 19 protocols.
- Government recruits 3,000 trainers ahead of the roll-out of CBC training
- Mwalimu Sacco Resolves To Roll Out Advance Against Expected Interest Rebates
- List Of All SACCOs And The Dividends Paid To Members in 2021
- NATIONAL WORKSHOP FOR CRE, GEO & HIST TEACHERS 2021 – Musingu High School
The agitated parents caused drama at the school gate as they protested the move to block them from accessing a meeting they said they had been called to by the headteacher. They further accused the school's chairman of disrespect in the presence of their children. The region coordinator said investigations into the matter will be done.
Elsewhere Miharati primary school in Ol-Moran, Laikipia torched by bandits; shootout as the police pursue the attackers. This happened barely hours after another school was torched.
On Tuesday afternoon, heavily armed bandits set fire to a school in Laikipia West, as tensions remained high in the area ravaged by insecurity. The bandits set fire to Mirigwiti Primary School before engaging security officers in a brief gunfight before fleeing.
The attack occurred on September 7, 2021, as Rift Valley Regional Coordinator George Natembeya launched a security operation in the nearby town of Ol Moran. The incident occurs just one day after Interior Cabinet Secretary (CS) Fred Matiang'i announced a major security operation to remove illegal occupants from bandit-prone areas in Laikipia County.
According to the Rift Valley Regional Coordinator, Mirigwiti is one of the schools that has been shut down due to insecurity in the county. There were no students in school because the school was recently closed due to insecurity in the area.
“We will be ruthless and we will flush out all the bandits from the region. We cannot tolerate this height of criminality,” said Natembeya who arrived in the region minutes after the bandits fled.
According to Mr Natembeya, the bandits were armed with heavy and sophisticated firearms used by foreign soldiers who come to Kenya for the training noting that it is unclear how they obtain such weapons.
"While our officers are using AK-47 and G3 rifles, they are using M16 and other heavy rifles,” he said a thorough investigation should be launched on how the bandits access heavy weapons.
- MINISTRY OF EDUCATION ONLINE REFRESHER TRAINING FOR SIP SCHOOLS
- Jomo Kenyatta Foundation (JKF) Workshop For English And Kiswahili Teachers
- INVITATION TO THE CHEMISTRY AND PHYSICS WORKSHOP – CARDINAL OTUNGA, MOSOCHO
- Humanities Teachers Workshop In Eldoret – The Artflame Ent Inc.
Meanwhile, despite government assurances that their safety is guaranteed, residents continued to flee the restive Ol Moran. The government imposed a dusk-to-dawn curfew in the restive areas of Laikipia Nature Conservancy and its surroundings on Monday. CS Matiang'i referred to them as disturbed areas.
Dr Matiang'i said in a statement on Monday that the directive affects parts of the vast conservancy, which has been turned into a haven for armed bandits. Kuki Gallmann, a conservationist and author, owns the conservancy. Attackers also set fire to the conservationist's education centre two weeks ago.
- TSC TPAD 2 online form; Mandatory documents to attach as evidence for teaching standards
- Important TSC TPAD Forms And Documents – PDF Download
- KAKAMEGA COUNTY GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIPS, 2021
- 26 Bachelor Of Science And Arts Degree Teaching Courses baned by TSC
- DOWNLOAD FREE Schemes of Work.
- DOWNLOAD FREE PAST PAPERS
- DOWNLOAD FREE SYLLABUS
- DOWNLOAD FREE LESSON PLANS
- DOWNLOAD FREE NOTES
- DOWNLOAD FREE UNIVERSITY NOTES
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹For more Teachers Update
Join the @TeachersUpdates Telegram channel
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER