ICT in Education: Mount Kenya University Digital Literacy Programme for Teachers (DLPT)
ICT in Education sets out knowledge and skills relating to the pedagogically effective use of ICT to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment in the classroom.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THIS MODULE?
Certifies the key concepts relating to the use of ICT in the classroom.
Supports educators who wish to start effectively using ICT in their professional practice. Developed with input from subject matter experts in the areas of teaching practice and IT user skills.
- Understand the key concepts and benefits of using ICT to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment in the classroom.
- Outline considerations for planning an ICT-enhanced lesson.
- Understand safety, security and well-being considerations when using ICT in education.
- Outline ICT resources that can be used to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment.
- Understand how to source and evaluate ICT resources to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment.
- Outline the key features of classroom technologies.
- Use the key features of a learning platform.
Teachers in primary schools and secondary schools.
Teaching staff in universities/ tertiary institutions from other disciplines besides Information Technology.
Key Concepts: Introduction to ICT | Benefits | Pedagogy & ICT
Planning: Lesson Planning Considerations | Safety, Security and Well-Being
Selecting ICT Resources: ICT Resources for Teaching and Learning | ICT Resources for Assessment | Sourcing, Evaluating ICT Resources
Managing the Learning Environment: Classroom Technologies | Learning Platforms
- 3 Days Training and Practicals
- 1 Day Assessments
- Copy of ID/Passport
- Academic / Professional Certificates
- Introductory Letter from School/College/University/Tertiary Institution
Mode of Study:
Day, Evening and Weekend Intakes (Continuously)
Download and complete the student application form and present your documents at MKU campuses offering the ICT in Education program.
Alternatively, email a scanned copy of your application form and accompanying documents to email@example.com.
A non-refundable Application fee of Kshs 1,000/- is applicable before any application can be processed.
Continuous FEES: KShs. 7,000
Main Campus (Thika):
P.O. Box 342-01000,
Tel: 0709 153 000
|firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
PO BOX 392-40100 Kisumu |
Tel: 057 2029967/0724204193 | Tel: 0737580998
Eldoret Campus :
PO BOX 2591-30100, Eldoret |
Tel: 0724 205425, 0724 205438, 0724 205432
PO BOX 1869-30200, Kitale |
Tel: +254 20 2330682 | Cell: 0724 204 342
P.O.Box 13495-00100 GPO Nairobi |
P.O BOX 42702-80100 Mombasa |
PO BOX 13495 00100 GPO
Nairobi | Tel: 0734 667731
P.O BOX 553-50100 Kakamega |
P.O BOX 17273-20100
Tel: +254 202338144
PO BOX 1902-20200 Kericho |
Tel: +254 704 229 431
PO BOX 793 Nkubu- Meru |
Tel: +254 0642629462
Noor Plaza 2nd floor, Malindi |
Tel: 0703 747 130
Kisii Campus: P.O BOX 4441 Kisii |
Tel: 0724 205452
Nyeri Center: MKU Plaza |
Tel: +254 723 356 247