The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has warned teachers of participating in the by-elections as officials.
“Good afternoon, kindly note that teachers are not allowed to engage in IEBC jobs or any other activity at the expense of their assignments in school. Therefore do not involve yourself in this illegality by granting any such permission,” read a message from the TSC County Directors to school heads.
Here Is The Full Circular From The Commission
RESTRICTION OF EMPLOYEES OF THE TEACHERS SERVICE COMMISSION FROM PARTICIPATING AND/OR ENGAGING IN ACTIVITIES AND AFFAIRS OF POLITICAL PARTIES
The above-captioned matter refers.
The commission & in receipt of a CircuLar, Ref: VOLMI (61) dated 1/10/2020, amplifying the provisions of the Law.
Pursuant to the provisions of Article 77(2) of the Constitution of Kenya as read together with section 23 of the Leadership and Integrity Act, 2012; section 12 of the Political Parties A:t, 2011; and regulation 187 of the Code of Regulation for Teachers, Clause 166 of the Human Resource Policies & Procedure Manual for Secretariat Staff, public officers are prohibited from holding office and/or actively engaging in political activities.
- The Auditor-General has accused the Ministry of Education, Schools and Colleges of flouting procedures of procurement in the disbursement of millions of shillings
- TSC Cancels Leaves Until The End Of KCPE, KCSE National Examinations
- 14 Warnings And Directives By Education CS Magoha Ahead Of KCPE, KCSE Examinations.
- Students To Receive HELB Loans and Bursaries Through Mpesa
Accordingly, this is to remind all employees of the Commission of the explicit positions of the law prohibiting them from taking part in any active political engagements while still in service ofthe Commission; and further requiring them to refrain from:
- Holding office in a political p.arty,
- Engaging in a political activity that may compromise or be seen to compromise the political neutrality ofthe offce they hold;
- Publicly indicating support for or opposition to any political party or candidate in an election; and
- Engaging in activities of any political party or candidate, or act as an agent of a political part/or candidate in an election.
In congruence with the spirit of national values and good governance under the Constitution which includes impartiality and political neutrality, all employees of the Commission need to adhere to strict obselvance of the Law in respect hereof by observance from taking part in political engagements.
In this regard, all employees of the Commission are directed to shun partisan political activities while in active public service. The Commission further brings to your attention that any of its emplcyees who currentty holds and/or engages in political activities are in violation of the law and is liable to disciplinary action.
This is therefore to advice such an employee to immediately resign from such offce. Further, any breach of the directionofficehi5 Circular 51-41 results in disciplinary action.
All County Directors are hereby directed to bring the contents of this Circular tothe attention of ALL the officers and teachers serving under them.
Likewise, all Institutional Heads are equally directed to bring the contents of this Circular to ALL teachers and to post the same on school/Staffroom notice boards for ease of reference by teachers.
NANCY NJERI MACHARIA, CBS
SECRETARY,’ CHIEF EXECUTIVE
- TSC TPAD 2 online form; Mandatory documents to attach as evidence for teaching standards
- New Salary Scales For TSC Employed Teachers
- TSC New Guidelines On Email Activation For Teachers
- How to apply for TSC teacher transfer online. APPLICATIONS PROCESS
- March 2021 SWAPS.
- TSC Makes New Changes On Teachers Service Delivery And Gives New Directives To Its Employees
- Updated Schemes of Work. DOWNLOAD (pdf) All Subjects.
- DOWNLOAD UPDATED LESSON PLANS
- DOWNLOAD NOTES FOR ALL CLASSES
- DOWNLOAD PAST PAPERS