In regards to the information made to all County Directors through a memo Ref: TSC/DQAS/DIR/49/VOL.11/32 and after OPENING the TPAD online system on 11th of January 2021, The Commission would like to make the following clarifications:
- Performance Contract (PC): Performance Contract for heads of primary and secondary institutions is available on the TSC website. The heads of the institutions are obliged to follow the PC calendar of activities which also provides that the PC should be downloaded and signed as required. Once this has been done, the heads of the institution are required to develop the Operational work plan which can be done on the TPAD online system.
- TSC Directive To Regional Directors On TPAD Implementation For Term 2 and 3
- Teachers Swaps, January 2021
- Download Free Schemes Of Work
- January 2021 Teaching Jobs
- BOM/Private Teaching Jobs, January 2021
- Teacher Performance Appraisal and Development (TPAD): Due to the complexities affected by the design of the TPAD online system, it has been determined that all data, for both term 2 and term 3 be done on the term that is now open i.e Term 2 2020. Therefore, teachers teaching grade 4, class 8 and form 4 can input the data on learners’ progress on the term 2 2021 portal and not on term 3 2021 as had earlier been communicated in the memo. In this regard, all teachers are expected to fill term 2 2021.
- It has come to the attention of the Commission that some teachers have already appraised themselves and surprisingly have been appraised for term 2 2021. This is contrary to the TPAD Calendar of Activities which provides TPAD process. The Heads of the institution were required to have customized the TPAD calendar provided in the TPAD online system and shared these requirements with the teachers when the schools were opened.
- Lesson Observation: The TPAD online system provides for lesson observation which should be done at least once a term. However, it has been noted that some teachers have already uploaded data for the last term (term 2 2020) in the current term (term 2 2021). This should be discouraged as it should be done for each term and as per the period of the term.
- Missing schools: A list of schools missing from the TPAD system in your respective Counties should be submitted by 29th January 2021
- Mapping of schools: All teachers should be mapped in their respective schools, zones, sub-counties and counties respectively. These rights have been assigned to the County Director and the County ICT officers.
- A list of teachers yet to appear on TPAD online system should be submitted by 29th January 2021 (kindly provide their TSC numbers and work stations). Teachers should also create their TPAD accounts and this will remedy this situation.
- Schools with no administrators: The County Director should assign rights to teachers to act as deputies and heads of an institution to ensure that the appraisal process is completed at the school level.
- Cancellation is done when there is inconsistency in the marks allocated and when there is suspicion of collusion between the appraiser and appraisee and is only carried out by the countersigning officer. There have been cases where the teachers have complained about the cancellation of their appraisals. Therefore, this function should always be done with the utmost care and fairness.
- Reversal: This option has been provided to TSC TPAD system administrators who can reverse a ‘not on duty’ procedure and also the appraisal especially when the teacher has chosen the wrong standards. However, there have been many cases of not on duty which requires the teacher to indicate reasons why they are not on duty such as leaves.
It should be emphasized that the not on duty procedure is not a one-off button and therefore cannot be chosen by mistake. Therefore, teachers should be asked to be keen as they fill in the appraisal.
Also recorded are the cases of teachers who have chosen the SNE standards. Once the case is checked, it is noted that the teachers have already been appraised and even have a TPAD score.
Once an appraisal has been rated by the appraiser it cannot be reversed. Bring this information to the attention of your officers
DR. MUGWUKU NTHAMBURI