Career Progression Guidelines (CPGs) describe the academic and professional standards for curriculum support guide officers’ career progression.
The guidelines connect officers’ career progression, to their performance and professional conduct.
- TSC Latest Swaps, December 2020.
- Updated Schemes of Work 2020 (Pre-Primary, Primary, Secondary
- TSC Employment Letters/Letter of Probation Full Details. Employment Terms
- TSC Internship Merit List, 2020 list of successful Applicants
TSC Career Progression Guidelines started on 11th September 2019 and replaces the current Schemes of Service. All serving curriculum officers will automatically become affiliates of the Career Progression Guidelines.
Aims of TSC CSO Career Progression Guidelines
- To ensure that teachers comply with the set teaching standards, the guide on career progression and professional growth for teachers, advising on the conduct and performance of teachers, and collection and maintenance of teacher management data.
- To provide for minimum requirements for recruitment
- To establish standards for recruitment, training and development, and advancement within the career structure on the basis of knowledge, competence, merit, experience, and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and a mechanism for monitoring and evaluating career progression.
- Provision of minimum qualifications for career advancement.
- To provide for a well-defined career structure that will attract, motivate and facilitate retention of suitably qualified and competent staff;
- The Curriculum Support Officers, CSOs, are charged with the responsibility of assessing teachers’ needs, training them, providing professional guidance, and assessing learning outcomes among other responsibilities.
- To provide for Clearly defined job descriptions and specifications with clear duties and responsibilities at all levels within the career structure, which will ensure proper deployment, advancement, and utilization of personnel;
- Incorporation of human resource planning principles to address career progression and succession management;
TSC CSOs GRADING STRUCTURE AND SCOPE
The CPG establishes four (4) grades of Curriculum Support Officers, who will be assigned and graded as follows:
|Designation||TSC Scale||Length of Service|
|Curriculum Support Officer II||10||9|
|Curriculum Support Officer I||11||10|
|Senior Curriculum Support Officer||12||12|
|Chief Curriculum Support officer||13||15|