Criteria That TSC Use To Resolve A Tie In Recruitment Exercise
In the event of a tie during the recruitment of teachers, consideration for selection will be determined as per the order of priority by the Teachers Service Commission (TSC).
i) Applicants’ disability status;
The purpose of this policy aims at removing all discriminatory practices against employees with special needs by creating an enabling environment that enhances their access to opportunities and services in the Commission.
Determination of disability
The Commission in collaboration with the National Council for Persons with Disability (NCPWD) determines the type, nature and degree of disability. Any employee with special needs shall be required to:
- Key Important Documents For TSC Teaching Job Interviews
- TSC Guidelines For Recruiting Primary School Teachers on permanent and pensionable terms- 2021/2022 FY
- TSC Recruitment Guidelines For Secondary Teachers On Permanent & Pensionable Terms -2021/2022 FY (Post-Primary Institution)
- Interns To reap Big As TSC Awards Them 30 Marks In The Recruitment Exercise
i. Declare disability at the time of employment,
ii. Declare disability that occurs in the course of employment,
iii. Register and obtain a disability registration certificate from the NCPWD which shall be subjected to scrutiny before acceptance,
iv. Declare their disability status once registered by the NCPWD within a reasonable period acceptable to the Commission which shall be determined from time to time.
1i) Whether the applicant(s) has previously participated in the TSC Teacher Internship Programme;
Despite the Teachers Service Commission (TSC) awarding 30 Marks to serving interns in the recruitment exercise, evidence of participating in the programme will be the second consideration for breaking a tie.
iii) Applicants who had not been previously employed by the Commission;
Applicants who had earlier been employed by TSC and exited are considered last.
iv) Applicants who graduated and were registered as teachers earlier;
This group of applicants usually are prioritized when it comes to breaking a tie.
v) Strength of academic and professional certificates presented.
Applicants with strong academic and professional certificates will be granted a higher chance of being employed. If applicants tie at aggregate grades, subject grades shall be considered.
The panellists will look at the KCSE mean grade, and if the mean grade is still the same, they will look at the Grades in the teaching subjects. If there is further need of breaking a tie they will narrow it down to the KCPE marks. to break that tie.
If all these fails, they may have to check on the teaching practice grades
Complaints (What to do in case of dissatisfaction)
The process of selection is transparent and only a qualified candidate carries the day. However, if one is not satisfied with the recruitment process, there is a laid down mechanism to register your dissatisfaction.
Candidates who are dissatisfied with the whole employment exercise should complain immediately in writing to the TSC county director and a copy sent to TSC headquarters within a period of not more than 7 days after the selection exercise.
TSC county director will analyze such complaints and submit a report to TSC headquarters with necessary recommendations.
- TSC Grading system for teachers
- Allowances Paid To TSC Teachers In Kenya
- TSC Salary For Newly Promoted Teachers
- TSC Hardship Areas – Latest Review
- LATEST TEACHING JOBS / VACANCIES. JULY 2021
- TSC TPAD 2 online form; Mandatory documents to attach as evidence for teaching standards
- How to apply for TSC teacher transfer online. APPLICATIONS PROCESS
- Requirements for one to be employed as a TSC teacher in Kenya
- DOWNLOAD FREE Schemes of Work.
- FREE PAST PAPERS
- DOWNLOAD FREE SYLLABUS
- FREE LESSON PLANS
- DOWNLOAD FREE NOTES
- FREE UNIVERSITY NOTES
TSC MERIT LISTS JULY 2021 – List Per County
- TSC recruitment merit list per County- Uasin Gishu (Replacements)
- TSC recruitment merit list per County- Uasin Gishu (New Recruitments)
- SOY SUB-COUNTY
- TSC recruitment merit list per County- Mombasa
TSC MERIT LISTS JULY 2021
For more Teachers Updates
Join the @TeachersUpdates Telegram channel
Criteria That TSC Use To Resolve A Tie In Recruitment Exercise.