TSC Rewards List 33 Teachers: Full List of Honored Teachers
During World Teachers Day ceremonies on Wednesday, October 5, the Teachers Service Commission (TSC) honored 33 teachers for their remarkable involvement in ensuring quality education in the country.
Speaking at the Kenya School of Government- Lower Kabete, TSC CEO Dr. Nancy Macharia said that a total of 264 teachers would be recognized for defying the obstacles in an effort to promote effective and high-quality education.
In addition, a subset of instructors who received national honors in the preceding two years, including a few in 2022, would be honored.
Peter Tabichi earned the outstanding prize in Commonwealth 2022, Joel Shunza Gitali won the Anti-tobacco award from the World Health Organization (WHO), and Gerald Mutosi won the excellent sculpture award.
“The criteria of identifying the teachers have been in adherence to the TSC performance recognition, reward and sanction policy framework. It stresses meritocracy and detailed due diligence in recognising the staff which was done by the committee,” Macharia stated.
Despite facing various obstacles, Jamleck Muturi, the chair of the TSC, acknowledged the crucial role teachers play in creating the nation and preparing the leaders of tomorrow during the meeting.
“The Commission has been engaging with teachers during stakeholder forums. The aim is to get the true feeling of the environment in which our teachers work from. We note that our teachers are doing great work,” he stated.
Akelo Misori, secretary general of the Kenya Union of Post Primary Education Teachers (KUPPET), encouraged the commission to lobby on behalf of all teachers with the new administration.
“We are the people who can transform education. We are not noisemakers, To the TSC chair, Jamleck Muturi we want you to address the stagnation of teachers of this country and ensure you lobby for the 58,000 teachers the new government has committed to give us. Expand the housing of teachers so that the new housing schemes will first accommodate teachers,” Misori urged
Full List of Honored Teachers
These are the distinguished individuals who received presidential awards:
The Moran of the Burning Spear is awarded (there are only four awards currently in the country)
- Mayoo Kipchumba- Kapsabet Boys High School
- Flora Mlatia- Kenya High School
- Order of Kenya’s Grand Warrior
Order of the Grand Warrior of Kenya
- Esther Njeri- Mureke
- John Kuria- Mang’u High School
- Maiyo Kipchumba – Kapsabet
- Indimuli Kahi- Machakos
- Head of State Commendations
- Mulwa Mwendo- Inyokoni primary school
- Sally Kosegi- Bishop Muge Memorial
- Koech Solomon- Kangaru school
- Mugo Lucy- Karatina Girls
- Anyango Okebe- Anak dara primary
- Amollo Anastacia- St Mary’s Lwak Girls
- Kamau Phylis- Mahiga Girls
- Peter Tabichi- Keriko Mixed Day Secondary School
- Abdi Ayub- Jamhuri High School
- Emily Jerono- St luke preparatory
- Inn Theolata- St Bridges Girls
- Ali Yarow- Hudhile primary
- Ryan Joseph- Achego primary
- Losike Samuel- Nadwat primary school
- Jilloh Abdullahi- Algani Girls primary
- Cheruiyot Joseph – Kitait primary
- Cecilia Teka- Lemek Namunyak Girls
- Bruce Kirage- Nyaikuro HIGH School
- Nyang’au Alfred- Mesabakwa Secondary School
- Onyango Jared- Nyalenda secondary school
- Kalwa Adif Dube- El wak Secondary
- Nzioka Johnson Matheka- Donholm primary
- Kuria Mwangi- Murang’a High
- Catherine Wanja- Thika high school for the visually impaired