Below is the breakdown of the new TSC grading system for teachers.
TSC new grading system
The current TSC upgrading of teachers led to the scrapping off of some job groups and merging of others. Under the new system of grading tutors, the grade that was previously known as P1, which was under Job Group G, was scrapped off and replaced with Grade B5.
This grade was designated as the new entry grade for all tutors at the primary school level.
- New Salary Scales for TSC Employed Teachers
- TSC Salary For Newly Promoted Teachers
- Academic and Professional Requirements for Registration of Teachers
- When To Return Teacher’s Salary To TSC
The other grades that followed were re-structured and re-named as follows:
- J to C1
- K to C2
- L to C3
- M to C4
- N to C5
Apart from job groups J to N, there was another rank that belonged to the higher band which was designated as P, Q and R. These three were later renamed to P to D1 Q to D2 R to D3
The Kenyan National Union of Teachers requested additional job groups S and T, which the commission granted. Under the new grading, the two categories were named D4 and D5, respectively.
The chief principals now fall under category D5 of the new grading system.
TSC designation code for teachers
- After the Salaries and Remuneration Commission undertook the job evaluation exercise, a new grading system was introduced. The grading offered new job groups for teachers, and below are the designation codes for each category.
- Grade B5 (T-Scale 5) – Primary Educator II
- Grade C1(T-Scale 6) – Primary Teacher I, Secondary teacher II, and lecturer III
- Grade C2 (T-Scale 7) – Secondary Educator II, Senior Educator II, Lecturer II, and Special Need Education Educator (for primary schools)
- Grade C3 (T-Scale 8) – Secondary Educator I, Special Need Education Teacher I (for primary schools), Lecturer I, Senior Teacher I, and Special Need Education Educator II (for secondary schools)
- GradeC4 (T-Scale 9) – Senior Master IV, Special Need Education Senior Teacher (for primary schools), Senior Lecturer IV, Deputy Head Educator II and Special Need Education Teacher I (for secondary schools)
- GradeC5 (T-Scale 10) – Senior Master III, Deputy Principal IV, Senior Lecturer III, Deputy Head Teacher, Head Educator, and Curriculum Support Officer II. Grade D1(T-Scale 11) – Deputy Principal III, Senior Master II, Senior Lecturer II, Curriculum Support Officer I, and Senior Head Educator. Grade D2 (T-Scale 12) – Senior Master I and Deputy Principal II Grade D3 (T-Scale 13) – Deputy Principal I and Principals
- Grade D4 (T-Scale 14) – Senior Principals Grade D5 (T-Scale 15) – Chief
- Schemes of Work.
- DOWNLOAD FREE PAST PAPERS
- FREE SYLLABUS
- DOWNLOAD FREE LESSON PLANS
- FREE NOTES
- DOWNLOAD FREE UNIVERSITY NOTES
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL
TSC Grading system for teachers