TSC CBC, CBA Training Dates and Venues For Teachers
The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has planned the training of teachers in Competency-Based Curriculum (CBC) and Competency-Based Assessment (CBA) with effect from 24th November to 17th December 2021.
The mode of training will be both face-to-face and virtual. The specific dates for the training are as follows:
The dates for the smart cascade model of training are as follows:
|24th to 26″‘ November 2021||CEMASTEA||Induction of Principal Master Trainers (PMTs)|
|29th November to 3rDecember, 2021||Virtual||Training of Master Trainers (MTs)|
|6th to 10th December 2021||Virtual||Training of Trainers of Trainers (TOTs)CSOs and CBC ChampionsSNE CSOs and SNE CBC Champions|
|l3′h to 17″ December 2021||Zone level||Face to face teacher training in each Zone(Regular)|
|13″ to 17″‘ December 2021||County SNEVenues||Face to face Training of SNE Teachers in eachSNE County venue.|
The Mode of training
The teacher training will be conducted as follows
- The blended model of training requires that the Master Trainers train the Curriculum Support Officers and CBC Champions both regular and SNE virtually for 4 days.
- The CSOs and CBC Champions (Both regular and SNE) will train teachers face-to-face with strict adherence to MOH COVID 19 prevention protocols for 5 days.
- The Master trainers will offer professional support during zonal teacher training.
The target participants for the training will be 2 teachers and the Headteacher from each public primary school both regular and SNE.
The county directors will identify one teacher from grades 1 to 3 and one teachers from grades 4 to 5 (Regular and SNE schools).
The Headteachers and teachers will attend the training for five days during the zonal teacher training.
The Training of Teachers from SNE schools and Asal areas will be residential.
- KNQA to Recognize Non-Formal Learning
- Probe Shows Pressure for Good Results Led to Malpractices in 2022 KCSE Exams
- KUCCPS Lists 153 Govt Sponsored Courses for D- and E Students
- Drama Festivals Kick Off in Machakos Region
- Teachers Involvement in Exam Malpractice Uncovered
The purpose of this MEMO is to kindly request you to:
i. Invite the CSOs and CBC Champions for TOTs virtual training (Each CSO to pair up with two CBC champions)
ii. Invite the SNE CSOs and SNE CBC Champions for TOT virtual training
iii. Invite 2 Teachers per school. One teacher from grades 1 to 3 and one teacher from grades 4 to 5 (Both regular and SNE) for face-to-face training.
iv. Invite the headteachers from both regular and SNE schools for face-to-face training
v. Identify, Procure and prepare training venues for regular zonal teacher training and SNE training with strict adherence to MOH COVID 19 protocol.