Thousands of teachers receive CBC training as the deadline approaches
Comprehensive training for teachers on the Competency-Based Curriculum (CBC) and Competency-Based Assessment (CBA).
(CBA) began on November 24, 2021, across the country. The training, which is set to end on December 17, 2021, is aimed at two teachers and a headteacher from each public primary school including those who work with students with special needs
Dr Mugwuku, Director of Quality Assurance and Standards Nthamburi has written to the county directors, requesting that they choose one teacher from Grades 1 to 3 and one teachers from Grades 4 to 6.
Grades 4 to 5 will participate in the training conducted over the course of five days via face-to-face and virtual interactions classes.
The blended training model necessitates Master Trainers, Curriculum Support Officers and CBC Champions must be trained. Regular and Special Needs Education (SNE) are both available virtually.
The Mode of training
The teacher training will be conducted as follows
- The blended model of training requires that the Master Trainers train the Curriculum Support Officers and CBC Champions both regular and SNE virtually for 4 days.
- The CSOs and CBC Champions (Both regular and SNE) will train teachers face-to-face with strict adherence to MOH COVID 19 prevention protocols for 5 days.
- The Master trainers will offer professional support during zonal teacher training.
The target participants for the training will be 2 teachers and the Headteacher from each public primary school both regular and SNE.
The county directors will identify one teacher from grades 1 to 3 and one teachers from grades 4 to 5 (Regular and SNE schools).
The Headteachers and teachers will attend the training for five days during the zonal teacher training.
The Training of Teachers from SNE schools and Asal areas will be residential.
The purpose of this MEMO is to kindly request you to:
i. Invite the CSOs and CBC Champions for TOTs virtual training (Each CSO to pair up with two CBC champions)
ii. Invite the SNE CSOs and SNE CBC Champions for TOT virtual training
- KNEC Exam Irregularities Were Canceled Due to Elections, Committee Told
- PSC to Hire 20,000 Interns
- PSC Announces 1,300 TVET Trainers Jobs For Diplomas & Degrees Holders; How to Apply
- TSC Deregisters 44 teachers, Issues Fresh Warning
- School Bus Rolls Multiple Times in Narumoru-Nanyuki Grisly Road Accident
iii. Invite 2 Teachers per school. One teacher from grades 1 to 3 and one teachers from grades 4 to 5 (Both regular and SNE) for face-to-face training.
iv. Invite the headteachers from both regular and SNE schools for face-to-face training
v. Identify, Procure and prepare training venues for regular zonal teacher training and SNE training with strict adherence to MOH COVID 19 protocol.