Class 8 pupil confesses to killing children, their pregnant mother
- On Saturday, the suspect appeared in front of police, claiming he was attacked by unknown assailants on his way home.
Police in Kilgoris, Narok County, have arrested a class eight student on suspicion of murdering two children, ages five and ten, and dumping their bodies in a nearby garden.
In the incident on Saturday, July 2, the student allegedly went on to attack the children’s mother, who was 6 months pregnant and died on Sunday.
Transmara West Sub-County Police Commander Hamisi Ganzallah confirmed the incident, saying the suspect presented himself to police on Saturday, claiming he was attacked by unknown assailants on his way home.
“Officers on duty, however, pointed out inconsistencies in the account and interrogated him further,” Mr. Ganzallah said.
As he was driving the cops to the alleged attack site, they came across neighbors who were rescuing a pregnant woman who had been attacked with a machete, and officers rushed her to the Kilgoris Mission Hospital.
She was later transferred to Narok County Hospital, where she died as a result of her injuries.
- Schools Re-Open As Pressure Pile To Revise Academic Calendar
- Parents To Pay More Than 100% Monthly Income On School Supplies
- Police Urge Parents To Ensure School Children Report Back, Assures Them Safety.
- Prisons To Provide Quality Education to Children of Imprisoned Mothers
- KNUT, KUPPET Congratulates Ruto, Promises To Support Him
“At the suspect’s homestead, police found bodies of the 2 boys who had been killed and it was established that they were the pregnant woman’s sons,” added the police boss.
During questioning, the suspect admitted to the killings.
Meanwhile, the three bodies have been taken to the mortuary at Kilgoris Mission Hospital.