JOB TITLE: Shadow Teacher
Fairmonts International School (FIS) is a private co-educational international school that offers both the Kenyan National Curriculum and the National Curriculum of England and Wales.
FIS was birthed purely out of service need, with the main objective of changing the narrative of education in its locality by providing outstanding, holistic education, ultimately bringing up morally upright, globally-minded, 21st century equipped, all-rounded innovators and leaders.
FIS delivers high-quality education through a personalized approach, enhanced with unique global opportunities to enable every student to succeed. The School’s outstanding and committed teachers nurture these essential skills through personalized learning, molded specifically for each child, building on the student’s individual strengths and passions.
The shadow teacher is responsible for assisting students with special needs by providing extra care to ensure that they study at the same pace with the other students in their class. They work closely with the anchor teacher in this role.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Preparation of professional records including schemes of work, lesson plans among others;
• Assisting in attending to the children with special needs;
• Prepare and assist in children’s work;
• To ensure there are relevant teaching aids in the classroom;
• Safeguarding the safety of the children at all times;
• Any other relevant duty as assigned by the supervisor.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Interested applicant should meet the following minimum requirements:
• Have a certificate in special needs;Page 2 of 2
• Training in ECDE;
• Diploma in Education or P1 teacher;
• Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse staff;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Excellent oral and written communication;
• Ability to perform and multi-task in a highly energized work environment;
• A keen eye for details;
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position against the listed qualifications, competencies, skills, TSC number together with a detailed curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of three referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Applicants should also include their expected salary.
Send the full application to: [email protected]. Applications should be received by 25th June 2021. The subject line of your application should be marked “Application for the role of Shadow Teacher”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
FIS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or gender. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- DOWNLOAD FREE Schemes of Work.
- FREE PAST PAPERS
- DOWNLOAD FREE SYLLABUS
- FREE LESSON PLANS
- DOWNLOAD FREE NOTES
- FREE UNIVERSITY NOTES