Friday, May 27, 2022
HomeNews"Go slowly On CBC Or Risk Losing Our Votes." Parents Warns Politicians

“Go slowly On CBC Or Risk Losing Our Votes.” Parents Warns Politicians

“Go slowly On CBC Or Risk Losing Our Votes.” Parents Warns Politicians

Parents have warned a group of leaders not to politicize the Competency-Based Curriculum (CBC).

The parents, through their National Parents Association chairperson Nicholas Maiyo, stated that any leader who speaks negatively about the new education system risks losing their votes.

“As the chairperson of parents, I want to tell these politicians to go slowly on CBC or risk losing our votes,” Maiyo said. 8.1 million learners under CBC.

On Wednesday, February 9, Maiyo stated that the education system has approximately 8.1 million students enrolled.

Maiyo noted that all of the students who are currently enrolled in CBC are fully prepared to move on to the next stage of their education, and they are overjoyed adding that also Their parents are equally very happy,” 

In the midst of political pronouncements to disband the system, Maiyo assured parents with students enrolled in the CBC that their educational needs would be met.

“All those politicians who are threatening to disband CBC should have liaised with us because parents, KNUT, Kuppet, Kepsha are behind it. Public participation on CBC implementation revealed that it has high support from Kenyans,” Maiyo said

Parents put a lot of money into CBC according to the chair. Maiyo also pressed the politicians to explain how they intend to compensate parents who have invested heavily in their children’s participation in the system.

“They should also tell us who or how they plan to compensate those parents who have invested in their children enrolled under CBC,” Maiyo said. 

Mudavadi made the remarks on Saturday, February 5, during the Kenya Kwanza Alliance meet the people tour of Kwale county.

In 2017, the Kenyan government launched the curriculum through the Ministry of Education. KICD promoted it as the system to replace 8-4-4, but it was criticized for being too theoretical.

Kenya Kwanza Promise To Scrap Off CBC To End Confusion
Kenya Kwanza Promise To Scrap Off CBC To End Confusion

However, students were unable to apply their knowledge in real-life situations. The goal was to raise holistic students who are critical thinkers and creators for a better nation in the future.

Cabinet Secretary for Education George Magoha has defended the new competency-based curriculum (CBC), claiming that it is the panacea for the integrity issues that have plagued the setting, printing, and administration of examinations.

Prof Magoha went on to say that CBC helps children discover their career paths by exposing them to their areas of interest at a young age.


Also Read:


Prof Magoha stated that the CBC system is not exam-oriented like the 8-4-4 system, explaining that children entering Grade Six next year will have completed 60% of their assessment, leaving only 40% for the final exam. This, he claimed, took away the incentive to cheat on the final exam.

He chastised those who were opposed to the CBC because there was no public participation in its development. He stated that parents will not accept their children in Grade Five being returned to Class One under the 8-4-4 system.

KICD, KUPPET Warns Politicians Against Politicizing CBC.
KICD, KUPPET Warns Politicians Against Politicizing CBC.

“Go slowly On CBC Or Risk Losing Our Votes.” Parents Warns Politicians

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

WE'RE SOCIAL

16,985FansLike
1,786FollowersFollow
13,681FollowersFollow
1,255FollowersFollow
3,151FollowersFollow
61,453SubscribersSubscribe
error: Content is protected !!