WUSC/SRP 2022-23 calls for applications in Kenya. The SRP resettles refugee students in Canada as Permanent Residents & pursues higher education.
Due to the delay in receiving KCSE result slips in camp schools (Dadaab & Kakuma) Kenya, the World University Service of Canada (WUSC-EUMC) Student Refugee Program 2022-23 applications deadline is extended from May 28 to June 4th
World University Service of Canada (WUSC) in partnership with Windle International Kenya (WIK) invites suitable refugee candidates in Kenya for the selection of 2022/2023 WUSC Student Refugee Program (SRP) intake from May 17 until June 4th, 2021.
The SRP is a resettlement program that enables refugee students to enter Canada as Permanent Residents and pursue higher education at Canadian universities, colleges, and Colleges.
- Jomo Kenyatta Foundation Scholarship Application
- Education Ministry Announces 9,000 Elimu Scholarships For KCPE Candidates
- CHILD HOPE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Eligibility Requirements I. General
All Applicants must:
- Have original UNHCR Proof of Registration and Government of Kenya Refugee Identification Card.
- Have original Primary and Secondary schools Leaving certificates and results slips, and any other academic documents.
- Have continuously lived in the refugee camp for more than 2 years.
- Be between the ages of 18 to 25 years old as of January 1. 2021 (date of birth between January 1. 1996 and January 1. 2003).
- Be SINGLE (not married) and without dependents.
- Be proficient in English or French (oral and written competency). g) Be currently facing barriers to accessing post-secondary education (university or college). h) Be self-reliant. mature and eligible for resettlement to Canada.
Kenya KCSE B+ plus (Female applicants: B- minus)
Rwanda Diplome Hum. 65% (Female applicants: 60%)
Somalia SSLC 70% (Female applicants: 65%)
Sudan SSC 60% (Female applicants: 55%)
Uganda UACE 12 points (Female applicants: 10 points)
Burundi Diplome Des Humanites Generates 55% Bulletin Scolaire / Releve des notes (Female applicants : 50%)
DRC Diplome DEtat 55°/0. Releve des notes (Female applicants: 50%)
Ethiopia The Ethiopian Higher Education Entrance Examination (EHEEE) 5 subjects. GPA of 3.0 (Female applicants: 2.5)
How to Apply
Only online applications will be accepted. We invite prospective SRP applicants to complete and submit their applications online at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfjOG3vcINXLpvsJ7Ek4SeFlChGAVYlBDcaNs1p4geaYpLT_A/viewform
You will be able to upload the required supporting documents with the online application form if you have a Google email (Gmail) account. If you do not have a Google email (Gmail) account please create one to upload the required supporting documents.
Candidates must attach clear copies of Refugee Identification Card or waiting card, UNHCR proof of registration, Primary and Secondary academic School Certificates, School Leaving Certificate, and other national documents (passport or national ID if available) to the application form.
- Application Deadline June 4th at 5.00 pm. No application will be accepted after the deadline.
WUSC SRP allows candidates to apply up to three times in the subsequent years after which any further applications will not be accepted.
Only candidates who meet minimum requirements will be invited by email for the pre-interview TOEFL written test.
Only top-scoring candidates who pass the pre-TOEFL written test will be invited by email for the final oral interview selection process.
Qualified female candidates and persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.
Candidates who demonstrate strong contribution to the community will have added advantage but that in itself is not a qualification guarantee.
The SRP is a program with no application fees. In no circumstances should a candidate pay any amount at any point in the process? Please inform WUSC headquarters in Ottawa (email@example.com) if you have been asked to pay a fee or any favor / service) to any individual during the application process.
Wish you all the best.
Please prepare scanned copies of the following documents before you start filling out this application:
– Refugee Identification Card or waiting card,
– UNHCR proof of registration,
– Primary and Secondary School Certificates or results slip for 2021 graduates
– School Leaving Certificate
– Any official ID such as a passport or national ID card (if you have one)
Please note: SRP applicants are expected to present WUSC with honest and consistent information and documentation during the application and interview process. WUSC has a zero-tolerance policy regarding the submission of false identification or academic documents.
Applicants who misrepresent any information or falsify their documentation will be permanently banned from consideration for the SRP.
GET FREE RESOURCES
- DOWNLOAD FREE Schemes of Work.
- FREE PAST PAPERS
- DOWNLOAD FREE SYLLABUS
- LESSON PLANS
- FREE NOTES
- DOWNLOAD FREE UNIVERSITY NOTES