REPUBLIC OF KENYA
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
GOVERNMENT OF HUNGARY SCHOLARSHIPS: 2021/2022 ACADEMIC YEAR
The Government of Hungary has offered One Hundred (100) scholarships to eligible Kenyans for the following areas of study:
- Undergraduate (BA/BSc) studies in the fields of Agricultural Science, Computer Science and Information Technology, Economic Science, Engineering Science, Health Science, Sport Science and Natural Science;
- Master’s (MA/MSc) studies in the fields of Agricultural Science, Computer Science and Information Technology, Legal Science, Economic Science, Engineering Science, Medical and Health Science and Natural Science;
- Doctoral (PhD/DLA) studies in any field of interest;
- One tier master’s (OTM) studies in the fields of general medicine, dentistry, pharmacology, architecture, and veterinary medicine.
NB: One-Tier Masters (OTM) covers both Bachelor and the Master’s levels.
The study programmes and Host Institutions are accessible on the online application system’s website: (https://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/).
The scholarship covers Tuition fee, Accommodation, Medical Insurance and a monthly stipend. Please note that these provisions do not fully cover all the costs of living in Hungary but are only a contribution to the living expenses. Applicants are advised to check the expected living expenses both in Hungary and in the city that they wish to live in before applying by visiting: http://www.studyinhungary.hu/living-in-hungary/menu/your-costs-of-living.html
- Minimum KCSE Mean Grade of B (plain).
- Not more than 25 years of age.
- Grade “B” in core subjects in the preferred field of study.
- Completed Secondary Education in the last three (3) years.
- Have original KCSE certificate.
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s degree upper second class honors level.
- For PhD, applicants must have a relevant Master’s Degree.
- Are below thirty eight (38) years for Masters and forty five (45) years for PhD.
- Preliminary application forms are obtainable from the Ministry of Education offices at Telposta Towers, 27th floor Room 2702. The application forms can also be downloaded from the Ministry’s website: www.education.go.ke
- All applicants must also submit their application through the online application system of Tempus Public Foundation. After registration, the applicants are able to access the application surface and upload the required documents. Please note that no application will be accepted without the online submission. A guide to the online submission is available on www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu website. The online application can be accessed on: apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu
The deadline for submission of the complete application package of online application to the Tempus Public Foundation is 15th January 2021 (23:59 Central European Time).
- Doctoral candidates are advised to visit website (http://www.doktori.hu) before applying.
- Students applying for doctoral program must have a supervisor at the host university. A statement of acceptance issued by the supervisor must be attached to the application.
- Candidates who are in service should submit their application forms through their Heads of Departments and attach the recommendation letter.
- Completed application forms with certified photocopies of ID, academic/professional certificates, transcripts, Birth Certificate, other testimonials and a proposal/study plan in the area of study (for PhD study only ), and a copy of online application form should be sent to:
Director, University Education
Ministry of Education,
P. O. Box 9583 – 00200
Or delivered to: Telposta Towers, 27th floor, Room 2702. The same can be emailed through firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants (who shall be informed by email or phone call from only phone number 0771842051 shall be invited for interview.
The preliminary and online application forms should reach the Ministry not later than Tuesday, 19th January, 2021 by 5pm.
- The Ministry of Education is the designated Agent for the Hungary Government scholarships. It is mandatory for all interested applicants to go through the Ministry’s preliminary selection process.
- Preference for nominations at postgraduate level will be given to teaching staff in the Universities and University Constituent Colleges.