Principal Teacher Job
Recruiter / Employer: Baraka Agriculture College
Primary Role Objective
The duties of the College Principal are all-encompassing as all aspects of the college’s operations are either directly or indirectly under his/her jurisdiction.
- KNEC Exam Irregularities Were Canceled Due to Elections, Committee Told
- PSC to Hire 20,000 Interns
- PSC Announces 1,300 TVET Trainers Jobs For Diplomas & Degrees Holders; How to Apply
- TSC Deregisters 44 teachers, Issues Fresh Warning
- School Bus Rolls Multiple Times in Narumoru-Nanyuki Grisly Road Accident
In general terms the Principal shall be responsible for: the detailed organization of the college; the development of the instructional programs; the assignment of duties to and the supervision of members of his/her staff; management of all entities within the college and is the chief accounting officer of the college.
- Provide leadership within and on behalf of the College.
- The Principal’s main focus should be to develop and maintain effective education/training and outreach programs within and outside the college and to promote the improvement of teaching and learning. The Principal will strive to create an organization which fosters student and teacher growth.
- When not involved in teaching duties, to devote as much time as possible to the supervision of the college; observing methods of instruction and endeavouring to improve the efficiency of the staff and the college in general.
- Manage College staff effectively by:
- taking responsibility for the appointment of College Staff.
- designating their duties and responsibility allowance with regard to agreed guidelines.
- supporting and developing them as appropriate.
- monitoring their work and using appropriate procedures in matters relating to their wellbeing, performance, discipline and capability.
- lead on the recruitment, retention and succession planning of College staff.
• Assist materials and keep the Board informed as to any modifications in or substitution of approved courses.
the teaching staff in the development, implementation, modifications, and selection of curriculum
• Oversee the management of college income generating units.
- Develop campus budgets based on documented program needs, estimated enrollment, personnel, and other fiscal needs. Keep programs within budget limits. Maintain fiscal control. Accurately report fiscal information.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents.
- Manage use of college facilities. Supervise maintenance of facilities to ensure a clean, orderly, and safe campus.
- Build common vision for college improvement with staff. Direct planning activities and put programs in place with staff to ensure attainment of college’s mission.
- Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct evaluation conferences with staff.
- As administrator the Principal is responsible for the daily supervision of the college, its students,
- facilitators, professional and support staff, volunteers, and personnel from outside agencies.
- Undertake training and other professional development as required.
- Ensure that all reasonable precautions are taken to safeguard the health and general well being of staff and students by ensuring both staff and students are adequately trained to make effective plans necessary for their safety.
- Any other responsibility as assigned by the Board. Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Agricultural Science or Rural Development.
- 3 years Managerial experience.
- Demonstrated experience in change management and performance management.
- Knowledge and experience in planning, developing and delivering competence-based curricula in East Africa.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other IT based applications
- Experience in the promotion of sustainable agriculture, an added advantage will be biased towards sustainable agriculture for rural development.
- Leadership and team member working to achieve different goals.
- Ability to manage both internal and external stakeholders, with experience dealing with management committees and boards.
- Fluent in both English and Kiswahili.
Please send your application to [email protected] with the Subject as “Principal Application” and in the message indicate your salary expectations and notice period. Applications close on Monday 8th November 2021.
Note: Baraka Agriculture College does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment. Do not pay any money towards any application to Baraka Agricultural College.
Other Education And Training jobs that you might like
Principal Teacher Job