Lutheran World Federation -Kenya-Djibouti-Somalia Program, is seeking to recruit suitable candidates for the positions of Primary school teachers based in Kakuma Refugee Camp
- Reporting to the Headteacher,
- Teach and oversee school academic progress for learners,
- Support the professional development of refugee teachers,
- Assess learners to track and report on learning outcomes,
- Provide psychosocial support and ensure inclusivity in all school activities.
JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP
Duties and responsibilities of a primary school teacher
- Prepare for and teach lessons assigned to him/her
- Enforce inclusive education programs reducing/eliminating barriers for the inclusion of children with disabilities in regular schools
- Ensure all teaching and learning materials available in schools are distributed equitably, used efficiently and recorded well
- Teach subjects of specialization to impart knowledge, skills and attitudes to learners;
- Evaluate learners in subjects of specialization and prepare them for national and other examinations;
- Assist headteacher and deputy headteacher to upload learners’ details on online data systems including NEMIS, conduct surveys and other related tasks, including registration of candidates for national examinations
- Support child protection by identifying, referring/supporting children with protection concerns and providing psychosocial support
- Work with protection focal teachers and teacher counsellors to improve safety and child protection in schools and community
- Coordinate gender mainstreaming issues for teachers and learners in curricular and co-curricular activities such as sports to ensure gender equity, equitable participation and maximization of potential of teachers and learners;
- Manage digital learning and e-learning devices used in learning processes
- Collect, collate and maintain all school records such as enrolment, teaching and learning resources, evaluation records and attendance registers;
- Ensure discipline in school is maintained and arbitrate any disputes;
- Supervise cleanliness of the school compound and ensure the learners are tidy;
- Embrace teamwork through collaborative planning and teaching to ensure consistency and improvement in curriculum delivery;
- Serve as a role model and maintain learner discipline to create a conducive environment for learning
- Engage learners in curricular and co-curricular activities to identify, nurture and develop talents;
Requirements for appointment
A teacher must:-
- Have a Primary teacher Education certificate.
- Be registered with TSC and in possession of TSC teacher certificate
- Have at least 1 year of teaching experience
Personal Attributes for the above post
- Ability to manage and use e-learning/digital devices for teaching and learning, prepare and upload learner content on devices, data collection and analysis
- Experience of working in refugee schools or with the refugee community in the camp or urban setup.
- Exemplary guidance and counselling skills, and experience in the provision of psychosocial support
- Passionate for inclusive education and girl’s education program
- Ability to tolerate cultural, educational and religious diversity in the workplace.
CLICK TO APPLY
- ðŸ‘¨ðŸ¼ðŸ« BOM And Private School Teaching Vacancies. January 2021.
- ðŸ‘©ðŸ½ðŸ« UPDATED LIST OF VACANCIES JANUARY
- ðŸ“‘ Updated Schemes of Work. DOWNLOAD (pdf) All Subjects.
- ðŸ“ƒ DOWNLOAD LESSON PLANS
- ðŸ“š DOWNLOAD NOTES
- ðŸ“‘ DOWNLOAD PAST PAPERS
- ðŸ“– DOWNLOAD SYLLABUS