This is an easy guide on how to apply for a certificate of good conduct in Kenya. When applying for a job in Kenya particularly the government ones, a certificate of conduct is one of the essential requirements one must have.
A certificate of good conduct will help to prove that you have not engaged in any criminal activities before and you obey and follow the rules and laws of the country. Most employers will ask for a certificate of conduct which was obtained at least 3 years
Who is eligible for a certificate of good conduct?
In Kenya, a certificate of conduct is given to Kenyans residing in the country, Kenyans residing in foreign countries, foreign citizens who are not aliens or refugees in Kenya and foreign citizens who are aliens and refugees in Kenya.
- How To Apply For TSC Number. Requirements For TSC Application
- KNEC Examiners Training For KCSE, KCPE, DTE, ECDE, PTE, Requirements And How To Apply- 2021
- How to apply for TSC teacher transfer online. APPLICATIONS PROCESS
- How To Apply for a Replacement of KCPE or KCSE Certificates in Kenya
In this guideline, we are going to guide you on how to apply for a certificate of good conduct in Kenya via Ecitizen; online.
Where is the certificate of good conduct issued in Kenya?
The certificate of good conduct is issued from the Criminal Investigation Department in Kenya.
- For Nairobi residents, the certificate of conduct is obtained from the CID headquarters. The location of Criminal Investigation Department headquarters in Nairobi is along Kiambu Road in Muthaiga area.
- For other persons in other parts of Kenya, outside Nairobi can obtain their certificate of conduct from the Divisional CID offices in various regions. The official receipt paid in the Divisional CID offices, the clear photocopy of the national ID, the prints are taken, and a cover letter are usually forwarded to the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) headquarters.
Requirements for applying for a certificate of good conduct in Kenya.
1. You must be 18 years old and above with a valid original second-generation ID and a clear photocopy of it.
- A child or a person below 18 years of age must have an original birth certificate and a clear copy of the birth certificate.
2. You must have an ECitizen account, there are no charges to create an Ecitizen account. ( please make sure you are using your OWN ACCOUNT during this process)
3. You are going to pay a fee of 1,050 when applying via the ECitizen account using Mpesa as charges.
After meeting the above requirements, follow the steps below to apply your certificate of good conduct via Ecitizen.
Steps of application
1. Log in to your Ecitizen account using this LINK
2. After logging in successfully, you will be directed to a dashboard where you will see different sub-tabs on your lower side, click on the get service Directorate of Criminal Investigations sub-tab.
3. After clicking on the get service button, you will see a welcome message ( like the one below) now you will click the make application blue button.
4. After clicking on the make application button, you will be redirected to another sub-tab where you will choose whether you are making an adult or child application. After choosing, you will click the apply button again.
5. On the next sub-tab, fill in your details i.e where you would like to have your fingerprints are taken and the date.
6. Select the mode of payment and pay for the Police Clearance. The charges are Ksh 1050.
7. If you chose Mpesa as the mode of payment, don’t close the page until the payment is confirmed automatically. You will be required to show the confirmation of payment when presenting your application form at the CID headquarters, Nairobi when going to have your fingerprints taken.
8. When presenting your application at the CID headquarters, please make sure you have the following :
- Your Original second-generation ID and it’s clear Photocopy or Birth Certificate.
- TWO copies of the invoice you get after paying at the Ecitizen and ONE copy of the downloaded C24 printed on Both sides.
- You will be required to appear in person.
- DOWNLOAD FREE Schemes of Work.
- DOWNLOAD FREE PAST PAPERS
- DOWNLOAD FREE SYLLABUS
- DOWNLOAD FREE LESSON PLANS
- DOWNLOAD FREE NOTES
- DOWNLOAD FREE UNIVERSITY NOTES
For more Teachers Update
Join the @TeachersUpdates Telegram channel
Upon meeting all this, you will have to wait for one to two weeks to be provided with your certificate of good conduct.