President Uhuru Kenyatta has made several changes to superior ranks of the Executive with further appointments and re-alignments in various ministries.
According to a circular published by Head of Public Services Joseph Kinyua on Wednesday 17th of February, the changes are intended to promote operational efficiency, institutionalize and promote the implementation of several ground-breaking betterment, and introduce operative changes that shall make Ministries and State Departments more effective and better able to deliver on their mandates.
“The changes are also in recognition of the momentous task of setting the foundation for building back better, as Kenya rebounds from the socioeconomic shocks of the coronavirus pandemic,” read the circular.
President Kenyatta appointed the following persons as Chief Administrative Secretaries (CAS) to the various dockets as listed below:
- Dr Sara Ruto – Ministry of Education
- Eric Simiyu Wafukho – The National Treasury & Planning
- Jackson Musyoka Kalla – Ministry of Labour & Social Protection
- Zachary Ayieko – Ministry of Energy
- Lawrence Angolo Omuhaka – Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries & Cooperatives
- Alex Mburi Mwiru – Ministry of Lands & Physical Planning
- Japheth Ntiba Micheni – The State Law Office & Department of Justice
- David Osiany – Ministry of Industrialization, Trade & Enterprise Development
Other Chief Administrative Secretaries were re-assigned to other dockets as below:
- Hassan Noor Hassan – Ministry of Education
- Zack Kinuthia Mugure – Ministry of Sports, Culture &Heritage
- Simon Kachapin – Ministry of Sports, Culture & Heritage
- Winnie Guchu- Ministry of Interior & Coordination of National Government
- Gideon Mungaro – Ministry of Devolution & The ASALs
- Lina Jebii Kilimo – Ministry of Public Service & Gender
The following Principal Secretaries were also re-assigned to the stated dockets:
- Julius Ouma Jwan – State Department for Early Learning & Basic Education
- Margaret Mwakima – State Department for Vocational & Technical Training
- Andrew Kamau – Ministry of Petroleum & Mining
- Francis Owino – State Department for Fisheries, Aquaculture & The Blue Economy
- Julius Korir – State Department for Devolution
- Peter Kaberia Kirimi – State Department for Industrialization
- 7. Dr Richard Belio Kipsang – State Department for Regional & Northern Corridor Development
- Charles Talengo Sunkuli – State Department for Youth Affairs
Head of Public Services Joseph Kinyua indicated that the changes take effect immediately.