Police Arrest 11 students After Private School Dormitory Burns
Following a fire that destroyed property worth millions of shillings, police arrested 11 students from Naivasha Boys Secondary School.
The boys were apprehended hours after a fire destroyed a dormitory and the personal belongings of over 60 students last night.
When the students were in class for their evening studies at the private school in Maryland Estate, the dormitory caught fire around 8 p.m.
Jared Kuria, who lives near the school, said a lack of water and high winds hampered efforts to contain the fire and rescue students’ personal belongings.
- TSC REPLACEMENT ROADMAP 2022
- TSC Replacement Slots 2022
- TSC Replacement Posts Distribution per county- January 2022
- TSC 2,945 Replacement vacancies January 2022
- KNUT Wants TSC To Reverse Punitive Teacher Transfers As Meeting Over Promotion And Delocolisation Nears
Mutua Kisilu, Deputy County Commissioner in Naivasha, said no one was hurt and that preliminary investigations pointed to arson.
“Police have taken over the issue,” he said.