NEMIS Frequently Asked Questions And Answers
- What is NEMIS? A tool that automates aids in the efficient management of the education system. It is an online solution. Its a repository of education data
2. How do I access NEMIS?
Double click on the browser accessible on your device e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, Safari, or any other.
Type http://nemis.education.go.ke on the address bar and press enter button.
3. How do I connect to NEMIS?
NEMIS can be accessed from any device with Internet connectivity; For Broadband connectivity at least 3G or 2 Megabytes per second (mbps) speed on dedicated links.
4. Who is authorized to access NEMIS? Any person assigned registered by the
- Who are the users of NEMIS? Ministry of Education, National Treasury, Development partners and other interested party in Education Statistics.
- How do I get HELP on NEMIS Access, connectivity and Navigation.
- Who are the developers of NEMIS? The system is a homegrown solution developed by a team of Inter agency drawn from the Government.
- How do I register an Institution using NEMIS?
Login NEMIS using the following URL http://nemis.education.go.ke/
Login using the credentials.
Go to Institutions Menu, Under the institution Menu fill in information in the Fields provided and submit.
9. How do I reset my password to access NEMIS? Contact the Ministry of Education using the official address
10. What is a UPI? It is a unique Personal code given to staff/learner for identification purpose throughout the education system.
11. How do I generate learners UPI? A learner UPI will be issued when a learner details are registered into the system.
12. Who is a learner? A learner is any Kenyan citizen or foreigner enrolled in the Kenya Education system.
13. When should a learner get a UPI? A learner UPI will be issued when a
learner details are registered into the system.
14. How is a learner promoted in the system? Select the current class of the learner, then select learners to be promoted click post button.
15. What do I require to assign a UPI to a learner? A valid birth certificate/Alien Certificate.
16. What do I require to register staff (Teaching and Non-teaching staff)? A valid ID Number/Alien Number
17. What is the difference between the personal Number issued by TSC and the UPI number issued through NEMIS?
A personal number is given by TSC who has graduated from a recognized teacher training college or a recognized university.
18 What is a teaching area? This is the teaching subjects assigned to a teacher in a learning institution.
- 21 Dead In Texas Primary School Shooting
- 28 Mukumu Girls Students Hospitalized With Fever And Diarrhoea
- Kisii High School Principal Travels To Village To Pick Up Student Who Could Not Afford Fees
- Watchman Proudly Graduates with First-Class Honors
- Writing Workshop For Development Of Curriculum Designs For Senior Secondary School Kicks Off
19 What is a study area? This is the area(s) which the teacher is
20 How do institutions become members of Nemis?
Through registration on the system, by uploading registration documents from the MOE.