Thursday, March 30, 2023
No menu items!
HomeNewsMystery as grade 2 pupil fails to return home from school, found...

Mystery as grade 2 pupil fails to return home from school, found dead in a Hospital

An 8-year-old, Grade two pupil has been found dead at Mama Lucy Hospital at a time when she was thought to be in school. The lifeless body of Jennifer Michelle from the Kayole area of Nairobi was found by her at the Hospital after an agonizing 5-hour long search.

It remains a mystery how the pupil got to Mama Lucy hospital, under what circumstances she was taken there, and why her parents were not notified. According to her parents, Jennifer was in good health, and jovial when she was dropped at the school gate by her mother, unaware that she would never return home alive again.

Strangely, in the evening when she was expected to be back home from school, she was nowhere to be seen. Her parents say she never got home past 5:30 pm. A quest for the young girl would follow, calls were made, and when it proved fruitless a missing person report was filed at Kayole police post.

The school gate had been locked when the parents went to check whether they could find her in school.

And at 9 pm her father says they were shocked that their child was not at home and they had not received any call from the school. After an agonizing 5 hours of searching for Jennifer, a police officer notified the parents of the presence of a little girl who matched their daughter’s description at the Mama Lucy Hospital.

“Nilichukua motorbike nikaenda Mama Lucy….nikafika kwa daktari akanifungulia curtain nikaona ni mtoto wangu amelala,” said her mother.

Sources from the hospital state that the girl was dumped at the emergency ward of Mama Lucy Hospital, pretended to be seeking to fill formal admission forms, and later disappeared into thin air.

“We spoke with the class teacher akasema mtoto aliitwa kwa blackboard akaanguka…but now, I’m asking who took the minor to Mama Lucy and at what time?” adds the father.

Efforts by Citizen TV to get answers from the school’s management were fruitless as the calls went unanswered. Journalists who went to visit the school premises for answers were also turned away at the gate.

Police officers from Kayole Police station are investigating the case with an autopsy programmed for Wednesday.



Most Popular