Leadership For Africa is the newest scholarship program by DAAD and sponsored/funded by the German Foreign Office. The scholarship seeks to support fifty five Masters Degrees at the German universities.
DAAD offers the scholarships to to students in all fields of education. However, Humanity subjects, arts, law, music, veterinary and dental minishirmes and architecture are exceptional.
Applications should reach the institution between 27 August and October 16, 2020. The beginning of the scholarship program is in the German winter for 2021/22.
Requirements For Application
- Should be a refugee holding refugee status1 and meets Germany's required qualifications for Master’s studies.
- Must be seeking asylum in Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia and Sudan.
- Must be fresh from Completing his Bachelor’s degree.
- Must be tough in educationally qualified from Kenya, Ethiopia, Sudan or Uganda.
- Must be Kenyan citizens, Sudan, Uganda or Ethiopian citizenresiding in those countries at the application time.
- Scholarship for M.A. or M.Sc. degree in Germany is funded by German, and one has to complete once enrolled.
- Most programs take upto 2 years to complete however one may exceed depending on the program.
- One may be required to take a Language course (2, 4 or 6 months) in Germany upon the beginning of the programme.
- Accompanying study programme
- Monthly rate of payments of around 861 EURO
- Good health, insurance for accident and personal liability insurance in Germany.
- One-off travel/study allowance.
- Monthly rent subsidy And Family allowance.
- An interview will be conducted by an independent selection committee professors of Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda and Sudan
- Original documents must be presented at the interview.
Regional Office Nairobi, Beate Schindler-Kovats, Director of the DAAD Regional Office, Telephone .: +254 733 929 929, E-Mail Adress: [email protected],
Section ST32 – Africa; Gudrun Chazotte, Head of section
Telephone.: +49 228 882-686, E-Mail: [email protected]
Pia Schauerte, Programme Officer. Telephone.: +49 228 882-691, E-Mail Adress: [email protected]