Sossion Differs on Why TSC Sacked Nancy Macharia’s Deputy, Dr. Kennedy Mulunda
Former Kenya National Union of Teachers (KNUT) Secretary General (SG) Wilson Sossion, has condemned the dismissal of Teachers Service Commission (TSC) deputy chief executive officer (CEO) Kennedy Mulunda.
The nominated Member of Parliament (MP) termed the commission’s decision a witch-hunt, threatening to file a legal challenge to the move.
Mr. Sossion, in a statement, stated that the termination is part of a plan to prevent Dr. Mulunda from taking over when CEO Nancy Macharia steps down.
Dr. Mulunda was fired after being accused of abuse of office and gross misconduct. TSC boss Dr. Nancy Macharia signed his termination letter.
- KNUT, KUPPET Congratulates Ruto, Promises To Support Him
- Nepotism Rock TSC’s Teachers Recruitment As KNUT, KUPPET Demand Answers
- TPD Cost, 60pc Salary Increase Among Top KNUT-TSC Negotiation
- KNUT, TSC CBA Talk: Classroom Teachers To Be Favored
- KUPPET, KNUT Differ Over Junior Secondary School Hosting
After 10 principals and teachers from Western and Nyanza testified against him, the TSC disciplinary committee of commissioners found him guilty of the offenses.
On the other hand, Mr. Sossion asked: “Between Nancy and his deputy Mulunda, who is engaged in big-time corruption in TSC tenders?”
Mr Sossion, a member of the National Assembly Education Committee, has threatened to expose the rot in TSC and ensure action is taken if the Kenya Kwanza coalition wins the August elections.
“In due course, we will be peeling away the mask of corruption scandals at TSC from promotions, transfers, Teacher Professional Development training, Competency-Based Curriculum training funds, and how quickly it is cleared by the Treasury before ending up in the pockets of thieves, tender scandals, and kickbacks from third parties’ deductions,” says the report.
Mr. Sossion accused Dr. Macharia and TSC chair Jamleck Kamau of conspiring with other commissioners to prevent Dr. Mulunda from taking over the commission.
“The TSC chair should tell the public when Ms Macharia will reach retirement age,” he said, adding the dismissal is part of what Kenya Kwanza describes as state capture.
He lauded Dr. Mulunda as a highly educated human resources expert who should be allowed to lead TSC without fear of repercussions.
- Types of leaves for TSC employed teachers in Kenya
- Approved Enhancement course for teachers and educators
- TSC approved subject Combinations Science & Arts
- TSC teacher transfer online application process & rules
- What TSC Require To Process Your Pension Dues Faster
- TSC Salary Overpayment Computation and causes
- Pension calculations for Kenyan Teachers
- TSC Audit Flags Sh358 Million In Excess Teacher Salaries
- TSC Grants Teachers Leave Ahead Of Elections
- TSC Awarded For Championing Teachers’ Service Delivery Innovation
- TSC Recruitment: Vetting of Teachers & Handling of Complaints Begins at County Level
- Teachers to Reap Benefits of TSC Wellness Programme
- TSC Advertises Vacancies Of Upto SH.288,000 Salary; How To Apply
- KNUT-KUPPET Rivalry Intensifies As TSC Deploys Primary Teachers To Secondary Schools
- IEBC Protests TSC Barring of Teachers From Manning Elections
- UDA Promises to Scrap Controversial TSC Hiring Rule
- TSC Shortlisted Applicants – Final Merit List
- TSC Releases Merit Lists; How To Check
- TSC Deregistered Teachers; July 2022
- TSC Updated Merit List Per County: July Mass Recruitment