KNEC Issues KCSE 2021 Oral and Practical Exam Guidelines; Supervision and Assessment.
The oral and practical examination papers for the 2021 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) are scheduled to begin on February 28th and end on March 4th, 2022.
These examination papers include:
- French Orals (501/3);
- German Orals (502/3);
- Arabic Orals (503/3);
- Kenya sign language (504/3);
- Music Practical (511/1);
- Home science Practical (441/3).
The Centre Managers of the examination centers that offer these examination papers are expected to collect the question papers and return the candidates’ duly sealed score sheets to the Sub County containers.
When the oral and practical examination papers are being administered, one Supervisor must be identified, nominated, and deployed in the examination center offering these papers.
The Supervisor must communicate with the Centre Manager in order to be informed of when the oral and practical examination papers will be held at the examination center.
Roles of the Supervisor during assessment.
- Handing over the exam materials to the examiners and signing the accountability documents
- Receiving the examination materials from the centre manager in one of the assessment rooms;
- Supervising the conduct of the oral and practical paper evaluations. To avoid distracting the assessor and the candidate, the supervisor will not be permitted to enter the assessment room during the assessment exercise.
- Putting candidates who aren’t taking the test in a room where they can’t hear or see what’s being assessed;
- Ensuring that candidates who have completed the assessment leave the examination room area and do not interact with candidates who have not yet completed the assessment; and
- Collecting a well-sealed envelope containing the candidate’s scores and handing it over to the centre manager to be returned to the sub-county container.
Each assessment center will have two (2) Security Officers whose responsibilities will include the following:
- Escorting the Centre Manager as he transports examination materials from the container to the examination center and returns candidates’ scripts to the container;
- Assisting Supervisors in confining candidates who are not taking the assessment in a room where they cannot hear or see what is being evaluated;
- Assisting the Supervisor in ensuring that candidates who have completed the assessment leave the examination room area and do not interact with candidates who have not yet completed the assessment;
- How to Check KCPE, KCSE and Grade 6 Registration Details Through SMS
- How Ministry Lost Millions To Ghost Learners And Double Payment To Public Schools
- Government Asked To Include Special Needs Learners’ Data Into Control System
- Igathe Unveils Plan For Public Schools and ECDE Teachers
- Malala Posts KCSE And University Papers Public
- Maintaining security at the examination center and ensuring that no unauthorised individuals are present during the examination. During the assessment of (KCSE) Oral and Practical Examination Papers, invigilators are not permitted in the examination hall.