KNEC 2022 DPTE, DECTE Registration Guidelines, Deadline, Registration and Resit Fee
The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) would like to inform Principals of Teacher Training Colleges offering the Diploma in Primary Teacher Education (DPTE) and Diploma in Early Childhood Teacher Education (DECTE) Upgrade programs that all teacher trainees enrolled in 2021 will be required to complete formative and summative assessments.
The registration and resit registration fees are as shown in Tables 1 and 2 below:
Registration Fees for DPTE and DECTE Upgrade Programme Assessments
|Assessment Fee Payment Breakdown||Amount (Kes)|
|Assessment Fee for all Subjects||12,000|
|Total Assessment Fees||15,700|
Following completion of their in-college training, KNEC will administer the summative assessment to registered teacher trainees in 2022, in accordance with the guidelines for the DPTE and DECTE upgrade programs. They will then proceed to the practicum.
Resit Registration Fee for DPTE and DECTE Upgrade Programme
|Types of Fee Payment||Amount (Kes)|
|Assessment Fee per Resit subject||1,000|
Principals must authenticate candidates’ biodata in the KNEC portal (cbate.knec.ac.ke) and pay the assessment fees listed in Table 1 above by May 6, 2022.
- Schools Re-Open As Pressure Pile To Revise Academic Calendar
- Parents To Pay More Than 100% Monthly Income On School Supplies
- Police Urge Parents To Ensure School Children Report Back, Assures Them Safety.
- Prisons To Provide Quality Education to Children of Imprisoned Mothers
- KNUT, KUPPET Congratulates Ruto, Promises To Support Him
The assessment fees are to be deposited in any of the following KNEC fee collection accounts by the principals:
- Commercial Bank;
- National Bank;
- Equity Bank;
- Cooperative Bank.
By May 13, 2022, all registration documents must be submitted to the Teacher Education Section KNEC Offices, New Mitihani House, South C.
HEAD OFFICE: National Housing Corporation Building, Aga Khan walk, P O Box 73598 – 00200 City Square, NAIROBI, KENYA Telephone: (+254-20) 341098/50/71, 317419/12/13, 341113 Fax: (+254-20) 2226032
E-mail: ceoQknec.ac.ke; Website: www.knec.ac.ke
- KNEC Invites Teachers To Apply For KCSE/KCPE Marking; How to Apply
- Knec Opens Junior High School Portal Amid Learning Disruption
- 2020 KCPE, KCSE Certificates Sent To Schools For Collection
- QMIS: KNEC Procedure On Confirmation Of Results And Certification Letter
- KNEC Opens CBC Exams Portal; How to Register
- How To Register, Transfer, And Capture Scores For Learners By School Under Competency Based Assessment