Thursday, August 18, 2022
HomeKNECJunior High Schools Selection Date Revealed As KNEC Issues Guidelines On Grade...

Junior High Schools Selection Date Revealed As KNEC Issues Guidelines On Grade 6 exam

Junior High Schools Selection Date Revealed As KNEC Issues Guidelines On Grade 6 exam

George Magha, Cabinet Secretary for Education, has announced dates for Grade 6 students to select Junior High Schools.

The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) will open the portal from August 15 to 30, after which Grade 6 students will be required to choose Junior High Schools in order to be placed.

CS Magoha, speaking to the press on Friday, July 22, stated that 1.27 million Grade 6 students will take the national exam on November 28 – 30.

The exams will account for 40% of the total score, with the remaining 60% made up of school-based assessments in Grades 4, 5, and 6.

According to CS Magoha, 2.51 million students will begin secondary school in January 2023.

He also stated that approximately 1.27 million students will graduate from Grade Six and another 1.24 million will enter high school after taking the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) exams.

KNEC has already issued guidelines for the Grade 6 exam, which is scheduled for November.

KNEC Chief Executive Officer, David Njegere, stated in a statement to school heads that candidates will take a School-Based Assessment (SBA) test in their home institutions, which will be graded by their teachers.

The evaluation results will then be uploaded to the portal, and they will be able to register for the national exam.

Learners will then be assigned an assessment number, which is equivalent to the index number, to use when taking the Kenya Inter-Mediate Level Education Assessment (KILEA).

Pupils will take five exams: Mathematics and English on the first day, Integrated Science and Kiswahili on the second, and Creative Arts and Social Studies on the third.


ALSO READ:


Schools will be expected to provide learners with the materials needed for the practical assessments, with KNEC encouraging schools to improve some of the resources at their disposal.

Teachers will grade the students’ responses and award them grades, which will be uploaded to the KILEA portal by the KNEC deadline.

Junior High Schools Selection Date Revealed As KNEC Issues Guidelines On Grade 6 exam

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

WE'RE SOCIAL

16,985FansLike
1,786FollowersFollow
13,681FollowersFollow
1,255FollowersFollow
3,151FollowersFollow
61,453SubscribersSubscribe
error: Content is protected !!