Knec examiners application
Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) is responsible for administering training for teachers/tutors to equip them with the necessary knowledge and skills to become examiners for the national examinations which include:
National Examinations in Kenya
- Diploma in Teacher Education (DTE) examinations.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE),
- Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE),
- Primary Teacher Education (PTE),
- Early Childhood Development Education – Proficiency (ECDE)
This consequently means that KNEC prepares Examiners every year so that manning and marking is administered in line with the council’s measures and standards.
The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) will be conducting training for teachers to prepare them to become examiners for the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) and Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE). The training will take place between 3rd and 9th October 2021.
The venue for training will be communicated to the qualified applicants at a later date. The training exercise will be residential. The shortlisted applicants will be notified on how they will pay the training fee of Kshs 10,500.
Successful trainees will be incorporated into the KNEC examiners database. KNEC will thereafter engage such examiners using the criteria for recruiting examiners based on their needs. Teachers who are already trained as examiners and are in the KNEC database of the examiners need not to apply for the training.
Payment for Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) Training
Every applicant who wishes to be trained as a KNEC examiner will be expected to pay a training fee of Ksh10,500 through KNEC Mpesa pay bill Number: 819313 using his/her personal registered phone number.
For the Account Number, the applicant shall indicate the appropriate examination i.e. PTE, DTE, KCPE; KCSE; PTE; Business or Technical.
The MPESA Reference Number must be indicated on the application form in the space provided.
Successfully qualified applicants will be instructed on how to mark the national examinations and be incorporated into the KNEC Examiners’ database. This will mean that they will be selected using guidelines for the recruitment of examiners based on their needs.
Kindly note that the registration that I am guiding you through is for teachers who have never been trained as Examiners or are not in the KNEC database of examiners.
Qualification for one to join the Examiners training programme
The following are conditions and qualifications for one to be trained as KNEC Examiner;
- You must not be exceeding 50 years of age at the time of application.
- Be a practising teacher in the related subject areas at the level of examination.
- Must be recommended/Approved by his/her Head of the institution;
- Must have a teaching experience of at least 3 years.
- Must be TSC registered
- Must NOT be on interdiction or any other form of disciplinary action from the employer.
- For KCPE and KCSE examiners, they should have a minimum qualification of P1 for KCPE exams with at least a C +(plus) at KCSE level in the relevant subject
- Those applying to train for English Composition for SNE must have been trained in Special Needs Education.
ELIGIBLE PAPERS FOR OCTOBER 2021 – knec examiners application
|SR/NO||PAPER NAME||PAPER CODE|
|1.4||Kenyan sign language signing Practical||504/3|
Applications are therefore invited from interested and qualified teachers/tutors as follows:
Primary school teachers to train as KCPE Examiners in the following papers:
|English Composition for SNE||903/1|
Secondary school teachers to train as KCSE examiners in the following papers:
|English||101/1,2 & 3|
|Kiswahili||102/1,2 & 3|
|Mathematics Alt. A||121/1|
|Biology||231/1,2 & 3|
|Physics||232/1 & 3|
|Chemistry||233/1,2 & 3|
|History and Government||311/1 & 2|
|Geography||312/1 & 2|
|Christian Religious Education||313/1 & 2|
|Islamic Religious Education||314/1 & 2|
|Art & Design||442/1 & 2|
|Agriculture||443/1 & 2|
|Woodwork||444/1 & 2|
|Metalwork||445/1 & 2|
|Building Construction||446/1 & 2|
|Power Mechanics||447/1 & 2|
|Electricity||448/1 & 2|
|Drawing & Design||449/1 & 2|
|Aviation Technology||450/1 & 2|
|Computer Studies||451/1 & 2|
|French||501/1 & 2|
|German||502/1 & 2|
|Arabic||503/1 & 2|
|Kenya Sign Language||504/1 & 2|
|Music||511/ 2 & 3|
|Business Studies||565/1 & 2|
Tutors in Primary Teachers Training Colleges to train as PTE Examiners in the following papers:
- DTE applicants must have a degree in education and above
- Applicants teaching in secondary schools and have a masters degree in education are allowed to apply for PTE and DTE examiners training
Tutors in Diploma teachers training colleges to train as DTE examiners in the following papers:
Applicants teaching in secondary schools and have a masters degree in education are allowed to apply for PTE and DTE examiners training
- Must have at least a Diploma in the relevant area of specialization.
- At least one (1) academic level above the qualification of the examination he/she applies to be trained. (Refer to the specification for each paper in tables 5.0 and 6.0 above)
Tutors in Early childhood teachers colleges to train as ECDE examiners in the following papers:
At least one (1) academic level above the qualification of the examination he/she applies to be trained. (Refer to the specification for each paper in tables 5.0 and 6.0 above
HOW TO APPLY. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
All Applicants will be required to access the online form using the link; http://cp.knec.ac.ke/training, fill in their details and print. They must fill in sections 2.0 and 4.0 manually, attach the certificates and all relevant documents listed in the application form and forward them to KNEC.
Only qualified Teachers/Tutors who have submitted all the needed papers will be shortlisted for the exercise. Applications should be addressed to:
Ag. Chief Executive Officer
Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC)
P.O. Box 73598 -00200
- DOWNLOAD FREE Schemes of Work.
- FREE PAST PAPERS
- DOWNLOAD FREE SYLLABUS
- FREE LESSON PLANS
- DOWNLOAD FREE NOTES
- FREE UNIVERSITY NOTES
- TSC TPAD 2 online form; Mandatory documents to attach as evidence for teaching standards
- How to apply for TSC teacher transfer online. APPLICATIONS PROCESS
- Requirements for one to be employed as a TSC teacher in Kenya
- TSC Grading system for teachers
- Allowances Paid To TSC Teachers In Kenya
- TSC Salary For Newly Promoted Teachers
- TSC Hardship Areas – Latest Review
- Key Important Documents For TSC Teaching Job Interviews