Aga Khan Academies
The Aga Khan Academy Mombasa is an International Baccalaureate World School. It is the first in the network of Aga Khan Academies established by His Highness the Aga Khan.
The Academy features state-of-the-art facilities, a multicultural student body, and an experienced team of educators and staff. We provide students with an education of the highest standard in order to prepare them for lives characterized by leadership and service.
Admission to the Academy is means-blind and is based on merit. We consider all eligible students regardless of socioeconomic status.
Job Summary – We are looking for IB Diploma Programme Mathematics teacher with experience in teaching SP Mathematics Higher Level, and also teach MYP. The teacher will join an experienced team of IB educators in the Mathematics department.
Primary accountabilities – Mathematics Teacher:
- Demonstrate a passion for Mathematics that serves to motivate and encourage students to attain their personal best.
- Design engaging learning and assessment activities that develop deep understanding.
- Support students to be confident thinkers in a safe learning environment.
- Plan collaboratively with colleagues to design the MYP/DP units that effectively deliver the programmes.
- Monitor and track student progress.
- Act as a Personal Project and Extended Essay supervisor.
- Act as a form tutor/mentor to guide and support a small group of students
- Contribute to the development of enrichment / co-curricular and experiential activities.
- Participate in the residential programme and service-learning experiences for students.
- A Bachelor of Education or Bachelor’s degree with a teaching qualification.
- Experience teaching in IB MYP/DP Mathematics (2 years minimum).
- Experience of working in a culturally diverse environment.
- Experience of working with highly able students
About the Agency
The Aga Khan Academies are an integrated network of residential schools dedicated to expanding access to education of an international standard of excellence to exceptional young men and women regardless of their ability to pay.
The Aga Khan Academies foundational values include pluralism, meritocracy, and civil society. Housed in spacious and attractive campuses with outstanding facilities, the Academies offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum from Primary Years to the Diploma and provide a rich opportunity for both teachers and students alike to grow both professionally and personally.
The first Aga Khan Academy opened in Mombasa, Kenya in 2003, the second in Hyderabad, India, in 2011, and the third in Maputo, in 2013. Others are to be built in Africa, South and Central Asia and the Middle East.
Region: Eastern Africa
Salary: Salary and package to attract the best candidate
Job Expires: 10-May-2021
- DOWNLOAD FREE Schemes of Work.
- DOWNLOAD FREE PAST PAPERS
- DOWNLOAD FREE SYLLABUS
- DOWNLOAD FREE LESSON PLANS
- DOWNLOAD FREE NOTES
- DOWNLOAD FREE UNIVERSITY NOTES