How to Get HELB Clearance Certificate
Obtaining a clearance certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) has now become even easier.
However, unlike the KRA certificate, you will still be required to pay a processing fee of KSh.1000 in order to obtain it.
HELB documents are divided into two categories:
The HELB compliance certificate – This is for higher education loan recipients who are currently paying their due amounts.
The HELB clearance certificate, on the other hand, is issued to loan recipients who have completed repayment of the loan or to anyone who did not receive the loan but only requires the clearance document.
1) Loanee Compliance Certificate if you have made all of your loan payments on time, or
2) Non-Loanee Compliance Certificate if you have never received a HELB loan.
The certificate that many employers require when applying for a job can be obtained online through the HELB portal or the e-Citizen portal.
If you do not already have an account on the portal, you must create one before applying for the clearance certificate.
Create an account on the HELB portal
- Log on to the HELB portal helb.co.ke.
- Select Apply for Compliance Certificate.
- Select ‘applicant registration’ from the User registration drop-down menu.
- You will be taken to a page where you can create a new account. All you have to do now is enter your National ID information.
- Next, enter additional information such as your email address before validating and confirming your sign up.
Activate your HELB Account
- Locate the HELB account email in your inbox.
- Begin the activation process by clicking on the provided link.
- Once you’ve obtained the code, enter it and press the Proceed button.
- This will create a HELB portal account for you to use when applying for additional products.
HELB clearance process for loan beneficiaries
It would be a more involved process if you were fortunate enough to receive government financial assistance during your college or university years.
Obtaining the HELB Compliance Certificate
Mpesa allows you to pay as little as Ksh 100. Here’s how it works:
- Select Pay Bill from your Mpesa Menu, Lipa na Mpesa, and enter the business number 200800.
- When prompted for your account number, enter your ID number, followed by the amount you wish to pay.
- Enter your PIN, approve the transaction, and then send.
- You will receive a confirmation SMS on your phone once you have completed the process.
- Keep the message to protect yourself from future problems.
- Those who have made regular payments in accordance with any stated requirements are eligible for a HELB compliance certificate.
How to Apply Online for a HELB Clearance Certificate
- Access the HELB portal and navigate to the Online Service Tab.
- Select Apply for Clearance Certificate from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your phone number to receive a code that will allow you to proceed.
- You will be sent a link to download your certificate.
- Save and print your certificate.
- Two Teacher Job Scammers Charged For Obtaining Sh2.6 Million
- The Reckless Implementation of CBC
- D- and E KCSE Candidates to Join NYS – Committee Proposal
- KUPPET Accuses KNEC of KCSE Exam Leak Amid Calls for Restructuring
- KEWOTA Calls for Review of Teacher Promotion Criteria
You can as well get in touch with HELB for any assistance through:
Tel: +254 711 052 000
Email : [email protected]
Twitter Handle: https://twitter.com/HELBpage