Grade 6 Primary School Teachers Jobs -Nova Pioneer
Nova Pioneer is looking for superstar Primary School Teachers to teach our Grade 6 classes for our Tatu City Primary Campus. The teacher will play a critical role in delivering an exceptional 21st Century learning experience for our students.
Disclaimer: Nova Pioneer does not charge any fee to process your application.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable.
- Plan activities that meet the social, physical and emotional needs of the children.
- Develop schemes of work and lesson plans in line with the school curriculum.
- Setting assessments fos subject areas/topics when called upon
- Schedule stimulating and learning activities for the children.
- Prepare teaching aids to facilitate children learning.
- Devise games and activities, and also provides playing equipment, and ensure the playing facilities and equipment are clean and safe.
- Supervise the children as they learn and play.
- Observe and evaluate each child’s progress and provide a written report to the Principal, other school leaders and parents.
- Monitor and keep records/ reports of the children’s progress and development.
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities of interest to them.
- Establish and enforce rules for behaviour, and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Assist in bus loading and unloading.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- TSC certification and Degree in Education/ P1 Diploma
- 3-5 years of teaching experience
- You are a great communicator. You are able to provide clear and effective written and verbal communication.
- You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making an effort to find appropriate solutions.
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please complete this form. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage. The process is as follows:
- Phone interview: a short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
- Practical demonstration of what you can do: you will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for. Teachers participate in a half-day selection day at one of our campuses as well as deliver a lesson to a class.
- In-person interviews: at this point, you will visit one of our schools to meet the team and participate in a series of in-person interviews.
- Final interview: you’ll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made.