Education Ministry Has Deficit of 55 Percent Of Quality Assurance Officers – Auditor’s Report.
- The report, which was submitted to the national assembly, also reveals that the country has a 55% officer shortage.
- The quality assurance directorate is in charge of establishing, maintaining, and improving standards in all basic and training institutions.
The ministry of education is under fire for hiring fewer quality assurance officers in each of the 47 counties.
According to Auditor General Nancy Gathungu’s report, counties have only 385 officers out of the ideal 858. This reflects a deficit of 473 officers according to the report.
The report, which was submitted to the national assembly, also reveals that the country has a total officer shortage of 55%.
According to data obtained from the Ministry of Education, Nakuru and Nairobi counties have the most officers.
Both counties have 18 officers spread across 11 sub-counties in Nakuru and 9 sub-counties in Nairobi.
The counties with the fewest officers are Samburu (2), Garissa (2), and Lamu (1). (2).
The ideal number of officers required for these counties is nine (Samburu), eighteen (18) for Garissa, and for Lamu six (6).
The report questioned why Tharaka Nithi County has an overabundance of police officers.
According to the report, Tharaka Nithi is divided into three sub-counties, each with 12 officers when t the ideal number is meant to be nine (9).
The quality assurance directorate is in charge of establishing, maintaining, and improving standards in all basic and training institutions.
- How to Check KCPE, KCSE and Grade 6 Registration Details Through SMS
- How Ministry Lost Millions To Ghost Learners And Double Payment To Public Schools
- Government Asked To Include Special Needs Learners’ Data Into Control System
- Igathe Unveils Plan For Public Schools and ECDE Teachers
- Malala Posts KCSE And University Papers Public
The office is also meant to collaborate with the Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development (KICD) on curriculum design, development, and evaluation.
The officers are tasked with advising the Minister and Permanent Secretary on all Quality Assurance and Standards issues in the country.