ELTS & Cambridge Language Examiners- Kenya
Location: Nairobi, Sub Saharan Africa, KE
Company: British Council
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
- TEACHING VACANCIES: International Schools, BOM, ECDE, SNE, P1, Kindergarten, Online Teaching Jobs. May 2021.
- Primary and Secondary School Teaching Vacancies
- See More Vacancies
Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other's strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
IELTS & Cambridge Language Examiners-
Pay band: Hourly rate
Post Duration: Two Years Renewable Contract
Eligibility: Existing right to live and work in Kenya
Deadline for application: 15 July 2021 (23:59 GMT)
About IELTS & Cambridge Language Examiners
We are looking for suitably qualified and experienced individuals to join our team of IELTS Speaking Examiners. You will conduct one to one interviews with IELTS candidates to assess their spoken English according to set requirements, and assess written scripts produced by candidates under exam conditions.
- We are keen to build excellence in language assessment in Kenya through the recruitment of qualified and motivated professionals.
- Examiners are recruited on a casual basis and are expected to examine at least ten sessions a year at regular intervals
- IELTS examinations regularly take place at our locations in Kenya
- Training of successful candidates will be after shortlisting.
- An undergraduate or Master’s degree or a qualification which can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an undergraduate or Master’s degree.
- A recognised qualification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) or recognised equivalent as part of a recognised university award course.
- At least 3 years’ full time (or the equivalent part time) relevant TESOL teaching experience (minimum one year post-certificate level qualification). The majority of this teaching experience must relate to adult students (16 years and over).
- The required professional attributes and interpersonal skills.
If you are interested in the post and feel that you are suitable for the role, then we would really like to hear from you. Please apply by 15 July 2021 at 23:59 Local Time.
If you have any technical problems, please email [email protected]
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equality and to valuing diversity and is keen to reflect the diversity of the societies in which we work at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to avoid unjustified discrimination, recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights. All staff worldwide are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies.
The British Council has Disability Confident Employer Status. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role. Applicants are encouraged to highlight any specific requirements or adjustments needed to enable participation in the recruitment process.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
Apply now »
SEE MORE LATEST JOBS
- DOWNLOAD FREE Schemes of Work.
- FREE PAST PAPERS
- DOWNLOAD FREE SYLLABUS
- FREE LESSON PLANS
- DOWNLOAD FREE NOTES
- FREE UNIVERSITY NOTES
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
For more Teachers Updates Join the @TeachersUpdates Telegram channel