Thursday, August 18, 2022
HomeEDUCATIONMagoha Direct All Schools To Close

Magoha Direct All Schools To Close

Magoha Direct All Schools To Close This Week

Update:

Monday, August 1, 12:40 p.m.: Education Cabinet Secretary Prof. George Magoha has ordered that all schools close on Tuesday, August 2, in preparation for the General Election.

In a statement issued on Monday, August 1, Magoha stated that all students in public institutions will be required to stay at home for 10 days as part of their mid-term break.

” I hereby convey the government’s decision on the immediate closure of all basic education institutions with effect from August 2 -3. All learners to proceed on their half term break and resume on Thursday, August 11,” the statement read in part.


The Cabinet Secretary for Education has ordered that all schools close by Saturday, August 6, in order to prepare for the upcoming General Elections.

Speaking at the Rev. Gitau Secondary School on July 31, Magoha announced that educational institutions will be closed for 10 days pending the release of the poll results.

Meanwhile, he asked principals to allow students who pay their school fees at home to return before the break and follow up on payments during the brief recess.

“I would like to urge principals who still have students at home to immediately bring them back because we are breaking again on August 6 and we shall not open until 15th,”

However, the CS stated that the dates were provisional and could change if there was a repeat election. He also acknowledged that the national exam calendar might be impacted.

“We may have to sit down as stakeholders and see whether it will be fair to examine the children if they will have lost a considerable amount of time, I pray that that does not happen, these children have suffered enough,” Magoha explained.

The Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE), Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE), and Grade Three and Six exams under the Competency-Based Curriculum are all scheduled for the 2022 academic year (CBC).

The KCPE will be held between November 28 and December 1, while the KCSE will be held between December 1 and December 23.


ALSO READ:


The Grade Six exam will be held from November 28 to 30, with 1.27 million candidates registered to take the first exam under the new curriculum, which will see them enter junior secondary schools.

The CBC Grade 6 exam will account for 40% of the total score, with the remaining 60% made up of school-based assessments in Grades 4, 5, and 6.


The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) announced that from August 15 to August 30, Grade 6 students would be able to choose their preferred Junior High Schools ahead of the national exam.

Magoha Direct All Schools To Close This Week

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

WE'RE SOCIAL

16,985FansLike
1,786FollowersFollow
13,681FollowersFollow
1,255FollowersFollow
3,151FollowersFollow
61,453SubscribersSubscribe
error: Content is protected !!