Education Ministry Extends Form One Admission Period.
Education Cabinet Secretary Prof. George Magoha has extended the deadline for form one admission. Students now have up to Friday, 13th of August to join their respective schools.
The directive was issued today on Saturday, August 7 by the Ministry’s Director for Secondary Schools, Mr Paul Kibet. The Education Ministry had set the reporting date between August 2 and August 6.
The admissions for form ones begun on Monday with slow reporting rates in day schools, and in Lamu, Tana River And Turkana counties even as parents hope to secure chances in other schools.
There has been a sluggish rate of form one admissions in schools with the ministry throwing blamed on parents and students who are still trying to seek positions in other schools.
“These are cases where parents having sought change of placement in schools and when it is executed, they decide that the original school is better or get a third school that they prefer.
“We encourage these students to take up their places and start learning,” said the Education CAS, Dr Sara Ruto.
Magoha’s ministry is preparing for a mop-up exercise beginning on Monday, even as it measures full data for all schools.
“The main challenge so far has been requested for reversals – parents have sought a change of placement and when it is executed, they decide that the original school is better or get a third school that they prefer. Others change placement but their children insist on the school they were selected to,” the ministry said.
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹For more Teachers Update
Join the @TeachersUpdates Telegram channel
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER