The Aga Khan Education Services, Kenya
Deputy Head Teacher
The Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya (AKESK) operates 11 schools in various cities in Kenya and provides nursery to senior secondary education in both the national and international curricula. It is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
The Aga Khan Academies (AKA) are the only schools in Kenya offering the International Baccalaureate curriculum (IB) who are authorized to offer the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP) and the Diploma Programme (DP). With over 1000 students, the AKA,N is a multi-cultural school with a variety of nationalities represented in our student and teaching faculty.
- Sabis International School – Runda
- International School Teaching Jobs – Nova Pioneer 2021
- ICT, French, Music and Arts Teaching Job
- Teaching Jobs And Vacancies – August 2021
The Aga Khan Academy, Nairobi – Junior School welcomes applications from dedicated and enthusiastic professional educators for Deputy Head Teacher effective October, 2021.
The Deputy Head Teacher is a high level position that plays a crucial role in the school and works closely with the Head Teacher and other members of the Leadership Team on a daily basis. In addition to the job responsibilities below, the Deputy Head Teacher is also the Child Protection Coordinator and is responsible for Child safety, Staff Wellness and School Welfare.
- A member of the School Senior Leadership Team that lays the strategic direction for the school, within the School Vision/Mission and IB Mission statement.
- Provides effective leadership in the development and successful implementation of the IB PYP programme in the school.
- Works closely with the Head Teacher on a daily basis to ensure the smooth overall operation of the school.
- Supports committees of faculty and parents that function to improve the learning and social environment of the school for the students.
- Provides an energetic and active lead in the continuing improvement of standards of teaching and learning
- Overseeing the implementation of the School Standards on a day-to-day basis.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Education/Bachelor’s degree with PGCE
- 5 years’ working experience in an international school
- PYP focused professional development
- Registered with Teachers Service Commission (if already working in Kenya)
- Certificate of good conduct.
How to apply
Please upload your CV and cover letter via the AKDN Career Centre
Closing date 6 September 2021
SEE MORE VACANCIES
- DOWNLOAD FREE Schemes of Work.
- FREE PAST PAPERS
- DOWNLOAD FREE SYLLABUS
- FREE LESSON PLANS
- DOWNLOAD FREE NOTES
- FREE UNIVERSITY NOTES
- TSC TPAD 2 online form; Mandatory documents to attach as evidence for teaching standards
- How to apply for TSC teacher transfer online. APPLICATIONS PROCESS
- Requirements for one to be employed as a TSC teacher in Kenya
- TSC Grading system for teachers
- Allowances Paid To TSC Teachers In Kenya
- TSC Salary For Newly Promoted Teachers
- TSC Hardship Areas – Latest Review
- Key Important Documents For TSC Teaching Job Interviews
- TSC Guidelines For Recruiting Primary School Teachers on permanent and pensionable terms- 2021/2022 FY
- TSC Recruitment Guidelines For Secondary Teachers On Permanent & Pensionable Terms -2021/2022 FY (Post-Primary Institution)
- Interns To reap Big As TSC Awards Them 30 Marks In The Recruitment Exercise
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹For more Teachers Update
Join the @TeachersUpdates Telegram channel
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER