Contracted Professionals System (CP2); How To Access, Register, Capture And Submit Details.
The Contracted Professionals System (CP2) is an integrated electronic system to automate the management of officers who are recruited to assist KNEC in administering the examinations.
The main aim of the system is to ensure that KNEC captures correct, accurate and timely details of all the personnel who are involved in the supervision, invigilation and management of examinations.
This will help KNEC to efficiently process claims for payments, monitor attendance during the examinations period, accountability for the contracted professionals involved and streamline query resolutions.
The system complements the current declarations forms that are signed and filled by all the personnel involved.
In addition, contracted professionals’ data requested is stored in a central database for ease of management.
All Contracted professionals are required to submit their details through the platform and apply for Job/ Vacancy based on the roles they play during the administration of various examinations in regards to the supervision, invigilation and management of each specific examination.
The contracted professional’s system Link/ URL: http://cp2.knec.ac.ke
HOW TO ACCESS, REGISTER, CAPTURE AND SUBMIT DETAILS
For first time users – Contracted Professionals System (CP2)
First time/ new users are the contracted professionals who have never registered in the online contracted professionals’ system.
To register online, do the following:
1. Visit the KNEC contracted professionals’ web: http://cp2.knec.ac.ke and follow the following steps to register in the platform and their submit details.
2. Use the link/ URL http://cp2.knec.ac.ke/ to access the contracted professional website. You can do so by typing the link on the address bar of any browser (Firefox, internet explorer, Google chrome etc.) or by clicking the link. The address directs the user to the login page as shown in figure 1 below.
3. Click the link: Create an account to generate the interface for registering into the contracted professional system as shown in figure 2 below.
To create A Contracted Professionals System (CP2) account
- Enter your mobile number as shown in figure 2 e.g. 254722645678
- To confirm, enter the same number.
- Click the link: Create Account. You will receive the message in figure 3
below confirming that the login details (user name and password) as
well as the link to access the CP2 system have been send to the phone
used for creating the account.
- Confirm receipt of the login credentials from the phone number used
to create the account.
5. Refer to the user manual for comprehensive guidelines on registration,
system access, filling in details, application for a vacancy and
submission of your details.
For existing Contracted Professionals System (CP2) users
Enter your user name and password as shown in figure
1. Click the link: Login to open the contracted professionals’ home page for filling in missing details, updating existing details, application for a vacancy and online submission. The interface shown in figure 4 below will be generated.
How To update/ edit Contracted Professionals System (CP2) details
- Click on the link Profile for the display of existing details previously
captured in the system as shown in figure 5 below for viewing, editing
and updating if need be.
- Click the specific link to view specific details e.g. Personal Information,
Work Experience and Qualification as shown in figure 6 below.
- Click Personal Information link to view the contracted professional bio
data. Click the Edit link to enable editing and updating of the profile
4. Click Work Experience link to view the contracted professional work
experience details. Click the Edit link to enable editing and updating of
the work experience details displayed.
5. Click Qualification link to view the contracted professional academic
and professional qualification details. Click the Edit link to enable
editing and updating of the qualification details displayed.
6. For any additional information e.g. new work station, qualifications
etc., Click the link Add to generate the interface for capturing new
How To apply for a Job/ vacancy Via Contracted Professionals System (CP2)
Select the correct information by clicking the drop-down Menus under the Jobs /vacancy.
Search for the selected position, select, confirm and click submit to send the application.
For existing users who have forgotten their password SMS password to 22262 and a new one will be sent to your phone.
Use the password received to login into the system.
APPLICATION FOR A JOB/ VACANCY
Contracted professionals who have successfully registered and submitted profile details
are required to proceed to the next step of applying for available vacancies.
Job vacancies are grouped for selection based on the specific examination, activity type, duty station, position/ designation (role), county and sub-county as indicated in figure 6
below under portion “C”.
How to apply for a job as a contracted professional Through Contracted Professionals System (CP2)
Select the drop-down labelled 1 to 6 under portion C below to perform the following
tasks under each of them:
|1. Exam||Select the type of examination for your job application. E.g. KCPE, KCSE…|
|2. Activity||Select the activity that you will be overseeing. Eg. Supervision and Invigilation|
|3. Duty station||Select the venue of the activity. E.g. Examination centre, distribution centre.|
|4. Position||Select your role (Designation). E.G. Centre Manager, Invigilator, Clerk…|
|5. County||Select the County where the activity will take place. E.g. Kisii, Baringo,Narok..|
|6. Sub-county||Select the specific sub-county within the county that you selected in ‘5’|
|7. Search button||Click the search button to generate the specific job based on your selection.|
The number of positions (job vacancies) available for the selection made by contracted professionals will be displayed after clicking the search button.
How to View and apply for the specific job selected
The feedback message for the specific job that the contracted professional
has selected showing the details and the number of positions available will
be generated. E.g. “
Invigilator:- Exam 2017/3 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education,
Activity: Supervision & Invigilationof exams, Duty Station: Examination Centre, Deadline 31Oct 2017, 83 positions.”
If the details are inaccurate, for instance, your meant to select and apply for
supervisory position instead of invigilation, repeat the job application
Click on the highlighted feedback message to confirm the application for the
job. The interface for confirmation will be generated as shown in figure 9
below. Proceed with the process step by step to completion.
How to submit an application for a selected job
- Read the details displayed in figure 8 below to ensure they are accurate
before submission of the job applied for. You can go back and select the
correct details if need be.
- Click the “check box” highlighted in figure 9 below to confirm the
application for the job selected.
- Click the “Submit Application” button.
Feedback for a successful submission of job application
The message “Thank you for submitting your application. The application shall be
reviewed and you shall be notified shortly!” will be displayed as shown in figure 9
How to withdraw an application after submission
Some contracted professionals may proceed with the application and submission of details without verifying and notice they made a mistake. Eg. They selected the wrong examination or position.
In this case, the application can be withdrawn by clicking the “withdraw Application” tab
highlighted in red.
New application can be made once again following the same job application process.
How log out of the system
Users are reminded to ensure they log out of the system when they are done with the application process.
This is to avoid unauthorized access to third party(s) who may manipulate the information.
Centre Managers will also be issued with a username and password to log in to the
They will be able to view the officers assigned to their centres and subsequently record their attendance during the exam period.
These attendance records will be used to process claims for all personnel.
Teachers Service Commission (TSC) Sub County Directors
Access to the system will also be provided to the TSC Sub County Directors for purposes of reviewing deployment details, confirming attendance records and redeployment of supervisors and invigilators.
Sub County Directors Of education (SCDE)
Access to the system will also be provided to the SCDE office for purposes of
reviewing deployment details, confirming attendance records and redeployment
of officers (if need be).
- payments will only be made to officers who have submitted their details through the platform.
- A comprehensive user manual is available on the KNEC website: www.knec.ac.ke
- Contracted professionals should keep the details submitted up to date by login into the system to update where necessary. E.g. Change of work place, title or role, academic and professional qualification where need be.
- KNEC Announces 2023 Integrated Learning Assessment (ILA)
- KNEC Announces Hiring of Teachers for Assessment of KCSE Oral and Practical Papers
- Exam Paper Scams: Knec Exposes Fraudulent Practices, Denies KCSE Leakage Allegations
- 2023 KCSE Exam Timetable; PDF Download
- KNEC Faces Senate Inquiry Over Nonpayment of Teachers
- KPSEA, KCPE Exam Timetable: PDF Download
- Contracted professional should always login into the system to apply for job vacancies available for each examination they are involved in.