Personal Accident insurance Covers
Personal Accident (PA) Insurance is a policy to cover individuals and groups from physical injuries and financial loss.
It covers among other things death, Temporary Total Disablement, Permanent Disability, accidental medical expenses, hospital cash, funeral expenses, artificial appliances.
For many institutions, it’s mandatory for one to take personal accident insurance cover before being accepted for attachments or internships.
Many find it so difficult to get insurance companies that offer students personal accident covers in Kenya.
This type of cover is a combination of two products, life insurance and medical insurance as it covers bodily injuries and also pure financial compensation to the insured in form of death and disability benefits.
Insurance premiums for PA insurance policies have a duration of one year and insurance premiums are paid annually.
It’s for this purpose that I decided to research and present to you the list of some of the best and Cheap personal accident insurance covers in Kenya
1. Amaco Student Personal Accident Cover
The Amaco Personal Accident Cover is one of the best from African Merchant Assurance Co. Ltd (AMACO).
It covers death, permanent disability and medical expenses arising from an accident during internships at the place of work and in the learning institutions during the specified cover period.
Contacts: Office located at NEXTGEN Mall, 4th floor, Mombasa Road.
Tel: +254 020 220 4000
Cell: +254 726 312 121/738 312 121
2. KCB Student Personal Accident Cover
Designed for learning institutions as well as individual persons particularly those proceeding to attachments or internships.
The policy has got financially friendly premiums providing compensation for death, permanent disability, medical expenses and funeral expenses as a result of the involvement of the insured student in an accident.
- Family security
- Easy claim method
- Great cover at a lower premium
- Double indemnity for death/ incapacity whereas travelling in a public transport
- Legal and observance expenses lined
Tel:+254 020 228 7000
Cell +254 711 087 000/ 732 187 000
SMS : 22522
3. AIG Student Personal Accident Insurance Cover
AIG is the world’s leading provider of insurance and financial services with its branches all over the continent.
The AIG Personal Accident Insurance cover is well designed for primary, secondary and university students to cover the risk of financial consequences resulting from accidents.
Head office Located at Eden square complex, Chiromo Road, Westlands
P.O.Box 49460 – 00100 Nairobi
Tel: +254 020 367 6000/020 375 1800
Cell: +254 723 600 500 / 723 600 400
4. Britam Students Personal Accident Cover
This is for persons on attachments or internships in the course of their learning period. Britam provides monetary payments in an event of an accident to the insured student.
The policy gives coverage for death, total disability, medical expenses and funeral expenses.
BRITAM-PA Schedule of Benefits
|BENEFITS||Option A||Option B||Option C||Option D||Option E||Option F||Option G|
|Permanent Total Dis.PTD||250,000||500,000||750,000||1,000,000||2,000,000||3,000,000||5,000,000|
|Temporary Total Dis.TTD||1,500||3,500||5,000||7,500||10,000||12,500||15,000|
Tel: + 254 020 283 3000
Cell: +254 703 094 000
5. HF Group – (With Terrorism & Political Cover)
This is a student insurance cover specifically designed for students to cover financial compensation in case of an accident.
The policy covers students in active education and persons on attachments or internships. Education institutions can take this policy to cover their students in case of accidents.
The following categories of benefits are provided by the policy:
- Total and permanent disability
- Temporary total disability/weekly income loss for those working full-time
- Unintentional death as a result of acts of political violence and terrorism
- Accidental Total Permanent Disability as a result of Political Violence and Terrorist Acts (PVT)
- Hospital Cash for those who work for themselves
- Medical expenses are reimbursed up to a certain limit.
- Funeral costs
- Artificial Devices
- There is coverage available:
Formalization of the proposal
Who can be protected?
- Individuals between the ages of 18 and 65
- Persons under the age of 18 can be covered under their parents’ or guardians’ policy.
- Persons in gainful employment will be covered for weekly income loss.
Procedures for Making a Claim for Permanent Kenyan Residents:
- Notification to the insurance company should be made as soon as reasonably possible through HF Insurance Agency.
The insurance company should receive the following documentation:
The insured must complete a Personal Accident Claims Form.
Head office located at Rehani House, Kenyatta Avenue, Koinange street.
Tel: +254 020 326 2000
Cell: +254 709 438 000Call centre +254 020 326 2888/+254 709 438 888
Toll-free no: 0800 721 400
6. CO-OPERATIVE BANK Personal Accident insurance Covers
- Worldwide limit
- Duty or Pleasure
- 24 hours cover
- Including winter sports (social)
- Trustee clause
- Disappearance clause – 12 Months
- Cancellation notice – 30 days
- Drugs exclusion does not apply where drugs are administered by a medical practitioner
- Exposure clause
- Hi-jack clause
- Mountaineering (excluding the use of ropes and guides)
- Riot, strike and civil commotion
- Use of motorcycles – below 250cc
- Up to 85 years
- Aircrew duties
- Child birth or pregnancy
- Football (except amateur soccer)
- Rugby football
- War and kindred risks
- Scuba diving
- Professional game hunting
- Steeple chasing and Equestrian competitions
- Racing Risks
- Winter sports
- Motor Cycling above 250cc
- Asbestos Exclusion Clause
|BENEFITS||OPTION – A||OPTION – B||OPTION – C||OPTION – D|
|Accidental Medical Expenses||50.000||50.000||75.000||100.000|
|Premiums per Person||250||500||750||1.000|
|Political & Terrorism Risks|
Premiums per person
|(II) Covers with Artificial Appliances Benefit – 4 options as follows:-|
|BENEFITS||OPTION – E||OPTION – F||OPTION – G||OPTION – H|
|Accidental Medical Expenses||50.000||50.000||75.000||100.000|
|Premiums per Person||335||515||800||1100|
|Political & Terrorism Risks Premiums per person||70||105||160||220|
7. Chartered Bank Personal Accident insurance Covers
To qualify for this product, you are required to hold a Standard Chartered Bank Current Account, be aged 18-65, and be resident in Kenya.
|BENEFITS (KSH)||OPTION 1||OPTION 2||OPTION 3||OPTION 4||OPTION 5 (FOR CHILDREN BELOW 18 YEARS ONLY)|
|Accidental Permanent Total Disability (PTD)||2,000,000||4,000,000||6,000,000||10,000,000||500,000|
|Accidental Temporary Total Disability(TTD)||15,000 per week payable for a maximum of 104 weeks||20,000 per week payable for a maximum of 104 weeks||25,000 per week payable for a maximum of 104 weeks||30,000 per week payable for a maximum of 104 weeks||Not Applicable|
|Last Expense (accidental and critical illness)||50,000||70,000||100,000||150,000||20,000|
|Medical Expenses (accident related)||200,000||400,000||600,000||1,000,000||70,000|
|Hospital Cash (on hospitalization)||10,000||15,000||20,000||25,000||3,000|
|Post Accidental Plastic Surgery||100,000||100,000||100,000||100,000||75,000|
- TSC TPAD 2 online form; Mandatory documents to attach as evidence for teaching standards
- Important TSC TPAD Forms And Documents – PDF Download
- KAKAMEGA COUNTY GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIPS, 2021
- 26 Bachelor Of Science And Arts Degree Teaching Courses baned by TSC
- DOWNLOAD FREE Schemes of Work.
- DOWNLOAD FREE PAST PAPERS
- DOWNLOAD FREE SYLLABUS
- DOWNLOAD FREE LESSON PLANS
- DOWNLOAD FREE NOTES
- DOWNLOAD FREE UNIVERSITY NOTES
For more Teachers Update
Join the @TeachersUpdates Telegram channel