Avoid Penalties: How To File Your KRA Tax Returns.
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) announced on Friday that it has extended the hours of operation for its tax service offices and contact centers in advance of the June 30 tax return filing deadline.
Remember that anyone with a KRA pin must file their tax returns.
Any unemployed citizen with no substantial income, including students, is required to file a ‘Nil Return.’
A KRA P9 Form will be required for all employees, both private and public sector, as part of the process.
Noncompliance is punished by paying an additional tax equal to 5% of the tax due in the period.
With less than a month until the deadline, here is a step-by-step guide for those who are employed to file their returns:
- Log in to the iTax website.
- Enter your KRA PIN and Password, and then answer the arithmetic questions.
- Navigate to ‘Returns’ then to ‘File Return‘ Menu after opening the Dashboard.
- Select Income Tax Resident Individual as Tax Obligation.
- The KRA returns form is then downloaded (ITR utility).
- Fill out the form (Excel sheet) with the information from the P9 form. The form is divided into three sections: return information, employment income, PAYE details, and tax computation.
- Upload and submit the validated KRA Returns form.
- The acknowledgment receipt for KRA Returns for Employed is then downloaded.
- Kenya Revenue Authority Suspends Tax Relief
- KRA Launch New Feature of Claiming Taxes Paid by Mistake; How to Apply
- Varsities brand KRA as an enemy of development and academic excellence
- KRA Gives Taxpayers Upto November 30th to Move to New TIMS System
- Avoid Penalties: How To File Your KRA Tax Returns
- TSC Asks Teachers To File 2021 Tax Return Before 30th June; How To File KRA Nil Returns
Here is the procedure for those who are unemployed.
- Go to the KRA iTax Portal.
- Enter your KRA PIN here.
- Enter your KRA iTax password and answer the arithmetic question (Security Stamp)
- The iTax Account Dashboard is then displayed.
- Following the display, click the ‘Returns tab,’ which brings up a drop box.
- Select the ‘File Nil Return’ option from the Dropdown Menu list.
- Choose No e-Return Tax Obligation.
- Fill out the Form Income Tax Resident Individual Nil e-Return.
- Finally, you download KRA Returns Receipt to view your information.